What did you do to your E9 today?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good thinking Ian. I need to dig through my boxes this weekend. I may give that a try.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Today I made a video just for @aearch. Please don’t be annoyed sir - you asked.

for all your posts markos where the heck are your cars.
are you ever going to get one finished to post here.?

WHERE YOUR CARS MARKOS?

I edited the video with iMovie to cut out most of the repeated fingers in front of the lens.

I think this is my last drive before I start work on the car. The center bearing of guibo wasn’t happy. You can see the car shudder at approximately 2:23. That he never happened before. Yes, I have a big crack in my windscreen. Also my speedometer isn’t working, so I presume the odometer is stopped. My tach is sticking also. Fortunately I have spares for everything mentioned.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Markos ... might be more fun if you mounted the camera / phone to the passenger headrest ... so you can have more fun driving. or better yet a go-pro camera mounted to the windshield

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos ... might be more fun if you mounted the camera / phone to the passenger headrest ... so you can have more fun driving. or better yet a go-pro camera mounted to the windshield

Terrible, I agree. I am actually going to buy a go pro when I start my tear down for documentation. I don’t have any driving videos planned.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i highly recommend go pro. whenever i set up a TSD road rally, i use the go pro to film the route and catch the mileages, signs, etc. sometimes its just fun to watch to see the drive.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
today i removed the dash in my coupe and went over the car with the painter to fill the holes of the antenna on the front right fender as well as both rear side marker lamps. the second coat of primer will go on next week.

Gary had laid up the wood on my door wood during the week ... and it looks awesome. in addition, Gary and I started putting veneer on my dash wood (spare wood pieces). the etimoe veneer is busy but it will tone down a little with the finish. we are shaping the veneer for the gauge cluster and we glued the veneer to the long dash piece. tomorrow is the short piece and gluing the gauge cluster ... and then start working on finish tests. when Gary's car gets out of paint, i will definitely be helping him put it back together.

wood.jpg

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
today i removed the dash in my coupe and went over the car with the painter to fill the holes of the antenna on the front right fender as well as both rear side marker lamps. the second coat of primer will go on next week.

Gary had laid up the wood on my door wood during the week ... and it looks awesome. in addition, Gary and I started putting veneer on my dash wood (spare wood pieces). the etimoe veneer is busy but it will tone down a little with the finish. we are shaping the veneer for the gauge cluster and we glued the veneer to the long dash piece. tomorrow is the short piece and gluing the gauge cluster ... and then start working on finish tests. when Gary's car gets out of paint, i will definitely be helping him put it back together.

View attachment 43304

That wood is going to be beautiful! Please post some interior pics when you get it all wrapped up.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

View attachment 43304

That veneer looks awesome! Have been watching Gary's car on FB.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

View attachment 43304
That Etimo veneer is absolutely beautiful, Scott :)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the wood is definitely striking and a bit of a break from traditional, but i think it will make a nice statement inside the car.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Decided to commit heresy and use some new fangled materials.

7QAGvqQh.jpg

0V97kZDh.jpg

Still got a LOT of flatting and polshing to do as well as trimming the edges to get it sitting perfect, but not coming out too badly imo.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
unfortunately, I have done absolutely nothing with my group today for the past several months as it is currently being repainted among other things but I cannot wait to begin posting your on a regular basis. So jealous of all of you that get to drive and admire your coupe daily