What did you do to your E9 today?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
here it is, all black. even got a club discount :)
SAM_3839.JPG

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i need to rephrase the title question on this post ... this is what Gary did for my coupe today. as i have posted, we re-veneered my dash + door wood (mostly Gary). it is truly beautiful and i play to payback in a huge way of putting his car back together. his paint job is looking amazing. the veneer is fantastic ... i think the color is going to look great with a black interior.

wood for dash 1.jpeg

wood for dash 2.jpeg

wood for door.jpeg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
many thanks Chris ... i am really excited about it. now i have to get my speaker grille and the pieces on the flat part of my dash to match or at least be close.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Had to install some temporary rollers on my project car.

17x8 with 235’s. The fronts rub the shock towers slightly. I haven’t checked fender clearance and don’t plan to. :)

Not a fan of color matched wheels. They came like that. I also don’t know how to install Style 5 center caps. :D
F745A165-1B99-4023-81FA-176AFEA51632.jpeg
0016F185-9CA9-4EEE-B97A-FEE29E93F740.jpeg

Edit: Added 3mm spacers up front.
9DD127B7-5815-41F3-A6B9-8A55245E39B8.jpeg

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i got the other parts of my dash done today ... all except completing the speaker grille. i have two to work on - one is perfect except i need to take it apart to put new speaker cloth inside (and refinish the wood) ... the other is apart, just working on the outer wood to take the warp out of it.

tmason

Reaction score
Well today is going to be interested. I have to drive my car to DMV to have them read the odometer to get my Classic Plate renewed. Not sure why?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is there a restriction on miles driven per year for a classic in your state? For a classic plate in WI, the car just needs to be 20 or more years old. Mileage is exempt, however, you are not allowed to drive the car all year. Not sure if it is written this way or not, but what I've heard is that we're not allowed to drive the car for one month each year, which in general is accepted as January here. I am obviously not going to drive my e9 in January in Wisconsin - ha ha. Let us know how it goes.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, I'm not ready to participate yet but since Markos is not shy about his cinematic prowess I think we should have a video section here where we can only drive e9's and/or e3's and we could put some rules in place like the registrant has to do the video, the car must be moving-preferably under its own power, etc, I think it would be quite comical and would also serve to encourage us all to get our cars rolling down the road.

Any thoughts on this? good idea or maybe not so much??