What did you do to your E9 today?

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I used a Q-tip and compressed air to clean the dust off my Durago 1/24 model. Does that count?
Temps today in Austin actually got above freezing for a few hours before plunging again. There were icicles hanging off the car covers outside. Forcast for 70's this weekend though.

Durago E9 1-24 model blue.jpg

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Dan Mooney, please let us all know how you resolve the horn ring issue on the 2002 hub. Would be cool to see pics when done and which horn ring was installed.
Thanks
Keshav

Hi Keshav,

As promised, here are a few photos I took converting the 2002 hub to work with the 380mm Petri. Swapping the 2002 'plunger' horn activation for the E9 style ring was extremely straightforward.

IMG_1284.JPG

The wheel as delivered

IMG_1285.JPG

Note 2002 horn 'plunger'

IMG_1286.JPG

Removing the horn plunger and wire

IMG_1287.JPG

I'll keep the 2002 plunger as I may have need for it in the future

IMG_1288.JPG

Applying double sided tape to the horn ring from my previous steering wheel

IMG_1289.JPG

Horn ring secured to 2002 hub

IMG_1290.JPG

Installing the wheel in the car

IMG_1291.JPG

Job done! Total time to convert the 2002 hub and swap out the wheels about 30 minutes.

Cheers!
Dan

Last edited:

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Over the last couple of days one of my guys in the CJ trim room re-trimmed the core rear seats kindly supplied to me by E9 lister Mike Hall. Not quite finished tweaking them, but I couldn't resist a quick photo of them in place.

Cheers!
Dan

IMG_1296.JPG

IMG_1294.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks! I thought they were a bit too grey/not blue enough, but they look like they're going to be OK :)
maybe ... but with the color of the car, i think they are going to look better. recover the door / side panels in the same leather and you will have a thing of beauty. you will need to leave the embossed vinyl top and get some vinyl paint mixed to match the leather ... but it will look fantastic.

climbernyc

Reaction score
Removed the collapsed front seats to be restuffed while retaining the original mildly patinaed leather. Adding lumbar bladders while we are in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Removed the collapsed front seats to be restuffed while retaining the original mildly patinaed leather. Adding lumbar bladders while we are in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d love to see pics of your seat work. Some
other folks are interested in front seat disassembly as
well.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’d love to see pics of your seat work. Some
other folks are interested in front seat disassembly as
well.

Hi Markos,

Scott (rsporsche) is sending me a pair of core front seats that I will be trimming in the next week or so. I plan on documenting and photographing the process.

Cheers!
Dan

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Markos,

Scott (rsporsche) is sending me a pair of core front seats that I will be trimming in the next week or so. I plan on documenting and photographing the process.

Cheers!
Dan

Thanks Dan! Don’t forget the factory tuck on the lower seat. If you want pics of the underside of the tuck I can snap some.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Dan! Don’t forget the factory tuck on the lower seat. If you want pics of the underside of the tuck I can snap some.
I would love to see pics of this correct tuck, also. Seems like a simple, yet very critical detail for a proper interior fitment.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
In looking for my brake line bending tools to loan to Peter, I had to go through the stacks of parts waiting their turn to be installed on my 2800cs. I have in the past hand written some of the contents on the box's sides, but this time decided to up my game. I used the dictate feature of iOS in Notes to create a new document for each large box. Sure, I had to correct it a bit as the dictation isn't perfect, but it makes entering the part numbers very easy. Then I printed the list to my WiFi enabled printer wirelessly from my phone. Now I have a digital copy to refer to as well as a printed copy that lives under the flap of each box and that can be amended as needed. Nice.

And I did find the brake line tools, where they were supposed to be, but buried under quite a few boxes as I didn't expect to need them for some time yet. It will be nice when all the new parts are installed and the car is done, but that's a ways off....

Ian