Reaction score
A close up of the number on my 153 if it helps

4F8FE85C-CFDC-41B5-9F5E-857E6DFDF3F0.jpeg

Last edited:

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I heard back from Christopher at Alpina

Sorry, I missed the part where you where asking about this hub. There was/is a guy in Eastern Europe that started selling a bunch of "rare" hubs for various Porsche-related logos, like Kremer, Martini, etc. It was obvious that they were not anything other than recently made tribute pieces. Unfortunately the guy was careful not to spell this out but kept using the "rare" language and some people were fooled into paying high prices, thinking that they were buying pieces made by the actual racing teams. If I can find the link to the Porsche forum where someone details their quality, I'll add it to this post.[/QUOTE]

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
hub1.jpg

From left to right: NOS MOMO 152 solid hub for Neue Klasse and 02 series / Short MOMO 153 soild hub for E9 ( for dished wheels ) / Rare extended MOMO 153 solid hub for E9 ( for flat wheels ).
hub2.jpg

MOMO 153 solid hub + MOMO extension

Pictures for comparison, hubs are not for sale.

:)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for adding to the photos Hans. I’m curious to know why there are so many 153 variants.

The OP picked up a 152 that I found on eBay.

I didn’t get the hub number, but a member measured the hub dimensions on an early CSL with the 380mm dished Alpina/Prototipo. It was in fact the same dimensions as the 152. That matches your comment that the 152 is tied to dished e9 wheels.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
for all your posts markos where the heck are your cars.
are you ever going to get one finished to post here.?

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
for all your posts markos where the heck are your cars.
are you ever going to get one finished to post here.?

Honestly, why would you even care?
Isn't it so, that we all share the passion of e9s? No matter what shape our cars are in, at the moment? Hell, many here doesn't even own an e9 right now.
I'm well aware that you, at least recently, have a big need to write your opinion (mostly negative oneliners) about anything and everything that doesn't suit you, while you're totally blind to your own shortcomings, which makes it comical.

I know that Markos doesn't need anyone fighting for him, but I just couldn't let it be, in my opinion Markos brings so much info, knowledge, ideas and even custom parts to help us other members on this forum, so I don't get your hate and bitchy comments.

Should I put it in CAPS?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Isn't it so, that we all share the passion of e9s? No matter what shape our cars are in, at the moment? Hell, many here doesn't even own an e9 right now.
I'm well aware that you, at least recently, have a big need to write your opinion (mostly negative oneliners) about anything and everything that doesn't suit you, while you're totally blind to your own shortcomings, which makes it comical.

I know that Markos doesn't need anyone fighting for him, but I just couldn't let it be, in my opinion Markos brings so much info, knowledge, ideas and even custom parts to help us other members on this forum, so I don't get your hate and bitchy comments.

Should I put it in CAPS?

Thank you sir - it means a lot. I had a long winded post about caring for two children and being the sole
provider, volunteering my time helping forum member, blah blah blah. I removed it because nobody should have to justify the duration of their project or how enthusiastic they are about posting and reading content here.

The difference between myself and Alan is that I am actually aware the some folks might find my over saturation irritating. I like this site so I’ll consider it a calculated risk. :D

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think he's trying to be funny (I hope) but doesn't have the humor capital in the account to pull it off.

Should I put it in CAPS?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think that the frustration of not getting his car back for so long is being off loaded on his extended friends.
He is suffering from E9 abstinence!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i resemble that remark. hopefully mine makes it out of the paint shop as promised in a week or so. so i can get the trim back on it ... then send it to get the new engine put in it.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i resemble that remark. hopefully mine makes it out of the paint shop as promised in a week or so. so i can get the trim back on it ... then send it to get the new engine put in it.
But as opposed to many, Scott, you are a thorough gentleman and wouldn’t take your anger out on our good friend Marcos!
With Marcos accumulating knowledge before he starts, as opposed to some others, he won’t get stuck getting his motor to run!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
nope, my motor is going to run because once it is in the car, i will have SFDon putting megasquirt on it. nothing like flying in - the 'pro' to get it done right the first time.

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for adding to the photos Hans. I’m curious to know why there are so many 153 variants.

The OP picked up a 152 that I found on eBay.

I didn’t get the hub number, but a member measured the hub dimensions on an early CSL with the 380mm dished Alpina/Prototipo. It was in fact the same dimensions as the 152. That matches your comment that the 152 is tied to dished e9 wheels.

Some hubs do have a number which isn't visible because of powdercoating. My photo shows the Alpina wheel + 153 hub. The paint has been removed to identify the number.
hub3.jpg

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Hans,
Might you have such a 153 hub for sale?
Thanks
Keshav

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Yannick,
Never seen a csl with such a wheel from the factory. Was it a special order one could place?
Thanks
Keshav
Just about the most difficult wheel to find.