list for NEW CARPET orginal colour and texture correct

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have them mail me a sample, and then I can compare it to my NOS pieces, then I can send both to Jesus, and then we have two sets of eyes....no plans to drive 4 hours in that direction anytime soon.

Rob Gernstetter
Hauptstrasse 180
53842 Troisdorf
Germany

Rob

Email sent to Klaus. Hopefully sample will be in your hands shortly.

Be interested to hear your opinion.....the photos look remarkably close. Next steps may be to get edging / heal pads / etc. sorted.

Thanks

John

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Rob,

Perfect. Klaus confirmed he is putting the sample in the post to you. Should see it shortly.

John

Great, then I will send the binding sample of NOS carpet along with sending the new sample with NOS piece to Jesus for his better set of eyes. Will report when said is done.

Now if we can only get Coco Mats to make the correct blue color!!!!!

Gernstetter

Reaction score
I have no idea about the pads.....and can someone explain how to post photos?

I went through my parts and found a very nice NOS carpet sample with the binding....it brings to mind a couple of points.....my binding has a white stitch...it appears to be a very dull grey at this point....but my E9 has a matching dark stitch....the NOS pieces I found were rear floormats from an E3 I believe, same carpet, different stitch...which brings up another point, have we supplied the carpet folks with a NOS piece of original blue trim for the binding, which is identical to the other blue pieces on the car...and did we provide a complete set of used carpet so he would know where all of the blue pieces attach to the carpet around the seats, etc?

Late to the game so don't know the answers to those questions....I am ready to send them the binding sample and a NOS piece of blue vinyl....unless that has already been done....someone needs to verify the color of the stitching on the binding.....i assume you all have dark thread in you bindings? if so, they need to know it should match the blue, but the thickness of the binding is identical to my original carpet bindings....thoughts?

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rob,

Only samples sent to Klaus have been yours for color and weave match.

I have original trunk carpeting only. Mine binding is a gray with gray stitching. Gray is a bit darker than the gray flecks in the carpet.

Heal pad and pattern? If someone has original set and can send photos or sample this would be good.

Ultimately I'm thinking Klaus probably can deal with all of this...he has been around Coupes and his wife has one with our carpet color. But...be good to know what he is planning.

John

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Photo of binding...

Attachments

• Binding.jpg
    Binding.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 162

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Photo of binding...

Quite strange.....mine is original and blue....what year is your car, mine was produced in December of 1972, what do the rest of the blue/grey carpet folks have for binding? Grey or blue?

Either fine by me......it has to be one or the other.......another quagmire in originality land...

Please post blue or grey and year of car production!

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Quite strange.....mine is original and blue....what year is your car, mine was produced in December of 1972, what do the rest of the blue/grey carpet folks have for binding? Grey or blue?

Either fine by me......it has to be one or the other.......another quagmire in originality land...

Please post blue or grey and year of car production!

Checked the trunk, dark grey binding, I bought it after I bought the car as mine was missing...but the interior carpet is blue trim with the larger blue vinyl pieces around the seat rails....so now very curious to know what the deal is

Cateyes

Reaction score

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here are some pics of original trunk and floor binding:

Top side trunk:
IMG_0945.JPG

Under side trunk:
IMG_0946.JPG

Driver floor:
IMG_0948.JPG