list for NEW CARPET orginal colour and texture correct

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
i would think, i am very hopeful that KHM will allow those of us that want stock colors to jump in for a group buy price. i have samples on order - both shades of gray / black and tans.

i would say yes, go that way, but just for a win-win cross benefit please keep your orders within this deal so fortunately all of them will count to produce the blue/grey colour for us that we keep navy blue
i do not think that we will reach the 30 cars, so any help will be needed to convince KHM
does this make sense ?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think it does Jesus. i will continue to follow the discussion, and once i get my samples from KHM i will know what color i am going with and will be able to jump in.

from a fabrication point, making a lot of sets of e9 carpet at the same time has to be a good move for efficiency on their part.

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
No response yet to my last communication to Cabrio.

Attempted to call this morning, Left a message with an employee of H K Mayer ...no return call.

Another email to them tonight. Hoping they can buy into the program.

Partially interested in the cost of the carpet run independent of the fabrication. May be another way to go about this if we don't get a positive response.

Keep everyone posted.

John

Gernstetter

Reaction score
No response yet to my last communication to Cabrio.

Attempted to call this morning, Left a message with an employee of H K Mayer ...no return call.

Another email to them tonight. Hoping they can buy into the program.

Partially interested in the cost of the carpet run independent of the fabrication. May be another way to go about this if we don't get a positive response.

Keep everyone posted.

John

The German brain won't understand just buying the carpet, as opposed to the completed work.....from my experience....

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The German brain won't understand just buying the carpet, as opposed to the completed work.....from my experience....

i agree that this proposal of just buying the carpet will be bad for our interests, i would not propose such a thing, i do not think they will accept it and probably that will be the end of this initiative,...

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
OK. Point is this is a commercial venture. Cabrio will need to purchase a special roll of carpet at X $. If we personally fronted the price of the carpet or considered it a shared risk it would an easier to do fewer carpets. Math to be worked out.

Ultimately they want to make money, so the number of orders is based on an assume allocation of special material cost to each. Take that out of the equation it is a simpler to make this work. Issue is front end cost. They don't want carpet sitting in storage they can't sell.

The logistics of collecting $ from disparate sources (i.e. multiple forums) and sending them a single check is untenable. US$ 14,000 is a lot of money for an individual to take risk for. However if we can bring 30 people directly to them they see the same result. Difference is they need to take some responsibility for managing the process.

I have not has a response to further emails. I will attempt to call again.

Cabrio is not the only supplier of carpets for BMWs and for anyone well placed in this business the carpet material will likely come from the same source anyway. If a German mentality is the issue we can eliminate that portion of the equation.

Ranting a bit. Not really pleased at the lack of recent response.

John

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tried calling again. He was not there and I will try again Monday.

Sent follow-up email below:

Respectfully, I am writing to find out if you still have interest in making an arrangement for a special carpet order. If so please let me know.

If you are not I would appreciate a response as well.

Very Best Regards,

John

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good conversation with H K Mayer this morning. Look under General Discussions for a brief summary.

John

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Blue carpet

Yes, I am in for a full set (interior and trunk). 1972 CS.

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Contact information

All, I have set up a gmail account for this effort.

This can be used to keep everyone in the loop on progress and for outreach to other forums / clubs / etc.

email address:

[email protected]

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sample received

Note from Cabrio:

Dear John,

today we received the Gernstetter-samples and forwarded these already to our carpet manufacturers to receive further comments. We will keep you informed.

Best regards
Klaus

K. H. Mayer KFZ-Technik GmbH
Berkheimer Str. 10-12
73734 Esslingen

Tel. 0049-(0)711/3579000
Fax 0049-(0)711/35790014
www.cabrio.de
HRB Esslingen 211947, Geschäftsführer Klaus H. Mayer, Ust-Id-Nr. DE145350058

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
All

Scott pointed out the email adress was missing in the latest email from Klaus.

His address is:

[email protected]

IMHO,

I would refrain from contacting klaus for any other issue that is not the new reproduction of the navy-blue carpet, and i propose that John is the person that continues doing this great job of putting this deal together, and subsequently contacting klaus

of course if someone wants a carpet of the existing colours is free to proceed, but if you are willing to get the special discount that is intended for the blue colour deal you will need to wait until there is really a deal and klaus accepts to reproduce the mentioned colour

what i intend to say is that it is early to know if the deal is going to be finally made and it is better not to distract klaus from this target

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
everyone,

my thought is to propose a group buy for standard (in stock) colors. the thought is to let KHM that many of us on e9coupe want to buy their product and see if he will extend the amazing prices to us ... or if he will group us with the blue carpet.

scott