prices COMPLETE CARPET 420 USD, TRUNK 140 USD only
I am in for this!

1973 E3 (Bavaria, US model, LHD)

Complete carpet only (no trunk)

Thanks John!

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
Just to be cautious and since it is difficult to return something once it has crossed the Atlantic... Before we spend our money, should we verify that what they have to offer is close to what we are looking for? Or is the money refundable if the quality does not meet our expectations?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just to be cautious and since it is difficult to return something once it has crossed the Atlantic... Before we spend our money, should we verify that what they have to offer is close to what we are looking for? Or is the money refundable if the quality does not meet our expectations?

tom, cabrio is the most recommendable supplier of bmw, porsche and mercedes carpets, there are few examples of coupe carpets from them in this fprum, last one wally siswaji in jakarta, check his thread, he is very satisfied

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
That's reassuring. I just know from experience that just because other people are happy with a product doesn't always mean that it is very good. I'm thinking of the correct color of binding which hasn't been available for years, but maybe that has changed. The same goes for the foot pads as mentioned previously... Anyway. I'm sure we'll here back from them soon.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's reassuring. I just know from experience that just because other people are happy with a product doesn't always mean that it is very good. I'm thinking of the correct color of binding which hasn't been available for years, but maybe that has changed. The same goes for the foot pads as mentioned previously... Anyway. I'm sure we'll here back from them soon.

i probably agree with most of what you have said, but is there another real good alternative ? i am happy to put my money in the best horse :-D !

...incidentally, that is why i will put my money on this one !:mrgreen:

mpower3330

Reaction score
1- yes
2- 1972 BMW 3.0 CSi
3- Complete carpet and trunk (original blue carpet color)

Please PM me with confirmation and price. Is there any way to expedite the shipment, if willing to pay more?

Rum1973

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey guys the last post on this was in February is there any update or new folks for the list, looks like we stand at 24 now, not pressing just askin. Rum

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Look under the discussions section. Cabrio isn't expecting production until the end of the year. Hang tight. Gotta believe this will happen but patience will be required.

John

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Carpet fibers.

All,

Latest from Cabio. Getting closer and looks like a great start on carpet match. Production is still scheduled for the first of the year, but looks really promising. See below:

Dear Klaus

This looks to be a great start. It is difficult to assess the color match based on a photograph. We will rely on your expertise in achieving the correct mix / color / loop etc. However we would like to have one of our group look at the sample(s). We can work to arrange this communication.

Timing is as we discussed before and is OK.

As to pricing. I think the price point will be acceptable. I would like to keep this conversation somewhat open based on how many orders we can ultimately bring forward.

Best

John

From Cabrio:

Dear John,

in between we have the first result. This is a blue and grey fiber combination according the colours of your sample. The timing schedule will remain end of this year, the pricing will need a correction to around EUR 375,-, which is according our list price for standard colours 2-tone-loop with no quantity discount, as several additional costs occured by all the special small quantity treatments.

Would this be ok?

We look forward to your message and remain with

best regards
Helen Joepen

Klaus Hermann Mayer
Kraftfahrzeugtechnik GmbH
Berkheimer Str. 10-12
73734 Esslingen

Tel. 0049-(0)711/3579000
Fax 0049-(0)711/35790014
www.cabrio.de
HRB Esslingen 211947, Geschäftsführer Klaus H. Mayer, Ust-Id-Nr. DE145350058

Attachments

• IMG_1921-2.JPG
    IMG_1921-2.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1921.JPG
    IMG_1921.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1922.jpg
    IMG_1922.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 194

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
All,

Look for update in Parts section. Images of initial sample run. The match is looking really good.

Eyes on will be important. Volunteers?

Best,

John

1962 Lotus Super 7
1951 MGTD
1982 FJ60 Land Cruiser wagon

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Have them mail me a sample, and then I can compare it to my NOS pieces, then I can send both to Jesus, and then we have two sets of eyes....no plans to drive 4 hours in that direction anytime soon.

Rob Gernstetter
Hauptstrasse 180
53842 Troisdorf
Germany