list for NEW CARPET orginal colour and texture correct

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Great, so your binding is grey and the larger pieces of vinyl are blue? Doesn't matter to me which way we go, not my decision....

I just got in the mail a sample from Klaus....am not sure exactly what it is, it is a small piece with blueish grey trim that looks like an exact match, but am not sure if it is a small piece of what I originally sent him, it also has the blue and grey thread wrapped around it....Jesus, its on you way on Monday through the post.....regards, Rob

If it is a new piece he made, it is an exact match. On further inspection of my binding in the car, I really can't make out what it is...it looks blueish but also has some grey in it....maybe my old eyes are just not up to speed....

Jesus, will send you a piece of the NOS carpet that I also sent to Klaus....cheers...BTW put 300 miles on the E9 today....ran great, but at $10 a gallon for super....well, it was worth it!!!!!

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey all

I'm leaning toward the dark gray. Something nice about tying in with the gray fleck.

John

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just got in the mail a sample from Klaus....am not sure exactly what it is, it is a small piece with blueish grey trim that looks like an exact match, but am not sure if it is a small piece of what I originally sent him, it also has the blue and grey thread wrapped around it....Jesus, its on you way on Monday through the post.....regards, Rob

If it is a new piece he made, it is an exact match. On further inspection of my binding in the car, I really can't make out what it is...it looks blueish but also has some grey in it....maybe my old eyes are just not up to speed....

Jesus, will send you a piece of the NOS carpet that I also sent to Klaus....cheers...BTW put 300 miles on the E9 today....ran great, but at $10 a gallon for super....well, it was worth it!!!!!

ok,
looking forward to receiving it

mpower3330

Reaction score
Any update on this? What is the ETA on this? Have been finished with the car for a few months and just need the carpet before I put the interior back in.

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
I don't know if the project is on hold, but I just read some more posts. I have worked on, owned and seen many 3.0CS Blue carpets and I have several more sets of used carpeting my shop and they all have the grey binding that was pictured here. I would be curious to see a picture of a carpet with blue binding. I also saw some carpet samples posted here. I don't know if these were from KHM. It looks like the one on the right was close? Is that the proposed carpet raw material?

Tom P

Reaction score
Blue / Grey Carpet

Yes

1971 2800CS LHD US model - dark grey binding is my preference.

Full Kit plus Trunk piece

Thanks!

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been asking the status of this for 12 months. Hopefully it happens soon.

Production timing has been pretty clear from the onset and is seemingly on schedule.

Klaus is working to get the best product for a very limited production run with a realistic price point. A balance of quality and pragmatics is not a simple game.

Blank check???...it will be in the mail tomorrow. Not thinking this is where most of us are.

Should have more clarity confirmed price and product soon.

John

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Interested

I have a 74 CSI need carpet for trunk and car. I am also going to keep my rear seats out so I may need some patch carpet for a small speaker box.

Paul

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
I'm afraid I need a carpet kit very soon, whether it's this one or made from scratch. Does anyone know what the delay is? I'd be happy to help...

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm afraid I need a carpet kit very soon, whether it's this one or made from scratch. Does anyone know what the delay is? I'd be happy to help...

hi tom,

technically we are not in any delay, things are going on reasonably well

the question known from at least one year ago, is that the production run of this taylor made adhoc colour correct carpet has been always scheduled for the end of the year, which is the valley period of normal production, the right moment for those very small runs of special colours, and so on

klaus is making all the efforts in this direction, and he has promised us that the run will be made this time, but reasonably do not expect to have a parcel from germany before january 2015

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thanks Quincey. This is the first time most of us have heard any news about the project in quite a while, so I appreciate the update. I wonder if this wait time could be used to find suppliers or producers of heel pads and binding materials or to show us examples of what materials are available to Klaus currently?

Thanks, Tom
ClassicAutosLA