list for NEW CARPET orginal colour and texture correct

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
replacement carpet

Please put me down for a set (no trunk carpet) for a late '73 Series 2 CSI (RHD) and thanks to all concerned in locating/arranging for this supply. Best wishes, John

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Please put me down for a set (no trunk carpet) for a late '73 Series 2 CSI (RHD) and thanks to all concerned in locating/arranging for this supply. Best wishes, John

noted !:-D

happy to inform that i am counting today 30 cars ! this means the whole lot of cars that klaus was asking us to run the production on a discount, i hope that we can get a nice price

we must recheck the whole list, so give me some time to post it here

Last edited:

mpower3330

Reaction score
noted !:-D

happy to inform that i am counting today 30 cars ! this means the whole lot of cars that klaus was asking us to run the production on a discount, i hope that we can get a nice price

we must recheck the whole list, so give me some time to post it here

This is excellent news! Do you have a sense for when we can make the order and how long it will take to deliver? I'm about to start putting the interior back in my car after a full resto. Can't wait for this carpet!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is excellent news! Do you have a sense for when we can make the order and how long it will take to deliver? I'm about to start putting the interior back in my car after a full resto. Can't wait for this carpet!

unfortunately not yet, klaus is not telling us much about it
i am confident it will happen in time according the first schedule

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Carpet Update

Believe it or not, the effort to have the blue / gray carpet reproduced is moving ahead. And although it may seem like it has dropped off the face of the earth the schedule for production is as detailed when this effort began.

As a reminder...as a very low production run the carpet producers will only entertain production in the off season...which is now.

Klaus at Cabrio has contacted us and a test run of the carpet is in production. He expects to see the sample before the Xmas holidays. When he receives the carpet he will distribute samples to Rob, DeQuincy and me for review.

We will post pictures etc. upon receipt and give you all our opinion on the match.

As to binding and heal pads...we have been discussing these with Klaus and we are confident we can get a close reproduction, however the potential for an exact match would be cost prohibitive requiring special vinyl runs and new tooling.

When we have reviewed and approved the samples it will be time to reconfirm all who are interested.

Thinking this will be my Xmas present!

John

3nsahalee

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hope I'm not too late to get in on this!
Yes, please add me for a complete set including trunk carpet.
Mine's a '74 3.0cs.

Thank you!
Steve

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
That's great news John. I'd need the carpet kit by February in order to still be interested in buying two sets. Otherwise, I'm going with a used original. Meanwhile, the dollar is moving in our favor to purchase from Klaus.

Happy Thanksgiving, Tom

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hope I'm not too late to get in on this!
Yes, please add me for a complete set including trunk carpet.
Mine's a '74 3.0cs.

Thank you!
Steve
Timing is good...

When we get through the quality checks and OK production any and all can get on board.

We have maintained a list if those interested and will need to reconfirm intent to purchase. Hopefully this will be just after the new year.

John

mpower3330

Reaction score
Timing is good...

When we get through the quality checks and OK production any and all can get on board.

We have maintained a list if those interested and will need to reconfirm intent to purchase. Hopefully this will be just after the new year.

John

Do we have a rough sense for timing? 1 month or 4 months? Just want to know as I'm finishing my car. Thank you.

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Do we have a rough sense for timing? 1 month or 4 months? Just want to know as I'm finishing my car. Thank you.

Based on the pace of the production effort so far, I guessing March before you would see the package on your doorstep.

Really don't know until we see the sample run...

John

doubledutch

Reaction score
carpet

Hi DeQuincey,
I know I am a little late to the party but if I can still order I would take:
Full set for my '71 2800cs LHD

thx
Pieter
hello,

our friend john is dealing with the manufacturer of original carpets for our coupes and bavarias

the key is that they are able to reproduce the exact pattern of long loop in a two colour (grey/blue) as the original

but to produce a run of this material we need to guarantee 30 cars, no problem if they are:

1502, 1602, e21, e24, e3, and of course e9s

if you are interested, please join this thread, place a post, saying:

1- yes
2- car model,
3- choice: complete carpet (and/or/not) trunk carpet

prices COMPLETE CARPET 420 USD, TRUNK 140 USD only

for any comments or discussion do not comment here, ( lets keep this thread for the count ), please go to the thread:

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15653

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sample Now Ready

Sample being sent to De Quincey. Looks promising.

Will report soon.

John

Attachments

• Grey : Blue carpet.jpg
    Grey : Blue carpet.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 147

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
news

i have been speaking to Klaus today, samples have been sent today to me and to John and Rob (incidentally he will probably not be able to help us anymore from now on), and to two other people (possible customers/resellers in germany), this means we are not alone

I will be probably the first one to receive the sample and as i keep a piece of Rob´s NOS carpet, and as my car has still good carpet in several areas i will do my best to share conclussions here by means of some photos

production must be at least 35 complete cars

carpet production is scheduled in March 2015, and there is a lot to do on our side before that date

prices need to be calculated precisely and we will be informed shortly, but i do not expect big changes on the original estimate, interior carpet 420 USD, trunk 140 USD

heel pads and binding need to be defined and we will get a clear statement from Klaus over this point.

our duties:

1- confirm the list of people interested (i am providing a list here)

2- please answer to this post to confirm or refuse, or ammend the information that i have collected (i have gone through this thread to check every post)

3- help me telling your friends about this by mail or PM, I can not pursue all of you in the list

Last edited:

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
deQuincey,

I'm #12 on your list. M5bb
I'm going to change my interior to tan so will not need the carpet.
But thanks for working so hard on this.

Gary