Ulrich 3.0 CSA

Reaction score
Fabricated a bracket for the in line fuel filter mounted to the firewall

154AFA95-7A23-41C1-9F55-C9DA0189C6AD.png

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How does it sound, enough power?
I did something similar last year. The bluetooth amp drives 5 speakers (including subwoofer) and I can listen to Sirius XM radio and get my GPS directions.
JL Audio bluetooth receiver
JL Audio 400w amp
4" BMW speakers in custom kick panels
6" x 9" speakers on the parcel shef
sub in the trunk

Thank you @OCCoupe for inspiration and information

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mounted an original vintage 1972 plate (you have to send it off to the DMV for condition evaluation and number approval) along with a promotional plate of the same year for the front. The 16- indicated the county of residence (just for fun, not necessary for registration), it took a while to find one for where I live and in nice condition. I will rotate the front plate with some other plates I have, including my Munich plate that has seen many miles and hit many bugs.

IMG_1914.jpeg

IMG_1916.JPG

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Alprada70, oh no! IIt looks like backing in really did a number on that cover. I’m sorry to see that for you. Good luck fixing it. Hopefully there isn’t any other hidden bent damage

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Alprada70, oh no! IIt looks like backing in really did a number on that cover. I’m sorry to see that for you. Good luck fixing it. Hopefully there isn’t any other hidden bent damage
Thanks...I'm going to get a "new" one...no more damage...just want to see what the new decal looks like...

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mounted an original vintage 1972 plate (you have to send it off to the DMV for condition evaluation and number approval) along with a promotional plate of the same year for the front. The 16- indicated the county of residence (just for fun, not necessary for registration), it took a while to find one for where I live and in nice condition. I will rotate the front plate with some other plates I have, including my Munich plate that has seen many miles and hit many bugs.

Nice. I didn't realize you have to send your YOM candidate off to the Florida DMV for evaluation. I've not found a Florida one I like yet. Nice that the 1970 plates are blue to match my interior though. Escambia county plates start with a 9, so I'm putting more emphasis on those in my search.

I had Texas YOM plates ready to go, but moved from there before registering the car. For the front, I have a German plate that ends with the last several digits of my VIN and a Manitoba one with CK28 which I read as "Coupe Karmann 2.8 liter". And it has a bison. Ha. BTW, I'm Canadian by birth but have lived in the US most of my life.

Last edited:

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Logged into the Ma RMV again, 6 months now to claim a prior forum member's E9 plate from Ma that was "BMWCS" We have been in contact so I know the plates have been terminated. Our wonderful RMV states it is still in use so I cannot have it. Right now my plate has 74 in it so of course "Is that a 74?"

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice. I didn't realize you have to send your YOM candidate off to the Florida DMV for evaluation. I've not found a Florida one I like yet. Nice that the 1970 plates are blue to match my interior though. Escambia county plates start with a 9, so I'm putting more emphasis on those in my search.

I had Texas YOM plates ready to go, but moved from there before registering the car. For the front, I have a German plate that ends with the last several digits of my VIN and a Manitoba one with CK28 which I read as "Coupe Karmann 2.8 liter". And it has a bison. Ha. BTW, I'm Canadian by birth but have lived in the US most of my life.
If you find one and are ready to register, let me know and I will send you my letter I wrote to them for you to copy including a list of all the things to say and docs to include with it. Even if the online site says it's not registerable it may still once they run it at the DMV like mine was. You can email Jeff to see if he has any not listed on his site which is not always up to date.

and here is what the letter after the county number means:

Last edited:

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Installing the Pierburg 7.21440.51.0 Electric Fuel Pump and bent 5/16 inch OD steel brake line. It certainly makes starting much quicker after sitting a couple weeks.

Pierburg Electric Fuel Pump.jpg

Barry.b

Reaction score
Installing the Pierburg 7.21440.51.0 Electric Fuel Pump and bent 5/16 inch OD steel brake line. It certainly makes starting much quicker after sitting a couple weeks.

View attachment 146886
Hi Dan
I hope you make sure the fuel lines and hoses in the engine bay are all healthy.
Now that you are pumping fuel to there with the electrical pump , rather than sucking fuel to there with the mechanical pump.
The fuel lines and hose clamps need to be in good shape now to prevent unwanted leaks , or worse.
Nice work by the way :)

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Dan
I hope you make sure the fuel lines and hoses in the engine bay are all healthy.
Now that you are pumping fuel to there with the electrical pump , rather than sucking fuel to there with the mechanical pump.
The fuel lines and hose clamps need to be in good shape now to prevent unwanted leaks , or worse.
Nice work by the way :)
Thanks Barry:
The hoses and clamps are all new in the engine bay. I am still using the mechanical pump and the electric is used to prime it after sitting for a few weeks. Otherwise, I have to run the starter way to long to get fuel to the Webers. It will be switched off after starting.
Dan

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
So how did you set up the switching of the pump? I was thinking of doing this and thought I can run a line from the rear defrost so I can use that button to prime..............because my rear glass was replaced and there is no defrost. Is defrost wiring on all cars regardless?

I have to say, my Bavaria has original Zeniths that I rebuilt and I can let it sit for a month and it will start right up, the E9 has Webers and after a week, it is an issue. I installed 2 one way valves, one just before the pump, other just outside the gas tank. That helped but still not like the Zeniths.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
So how did you set up the switching of the pump? I was thinking of doing this and thought I can run a line from the rear defrost so I can use that button to prime..............because my rear glass was replaced and there is no defrost. Is defrost wiring on all cars regardless?

I have to say, my Bavaria has original Zeniths that I rebuilt and I can let it sit for a month and it will start right up, the E9 has Webers and after a week, it is an issue. I installed 2 one way valves, one just before the pump, other just outside the gas tank. That helped but still not like the Zeniths.
Rob
I bought a switch but haven’t finished that part of it. I still have it on the lift and am servicing the half shafts.
I have tested it and others online are using the Pierburg. I will try to pull up some posts later today. The rear defogger switch is an interesting thought and I need to look into that. Good idea.
Dan

Edit: https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/inline-electric-fuel-pump-what’s-the-best-option.37654/

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pierburg 7.21440.51.0 Electric Fuel Pump
Anyone know the flow rate of this pump?

I could only find to/from PSI specs (‘from’ being around 3 psi so no need for a FPR).

I like the now noise, compact size, and would like to use it with triple Weber 45’s on a 3.5l M90.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have to say, my Bavaria has original Zeniths that I rebuilt and I can let it sit for a month and it will start right up, the E9 has Webers and after a week, it is an issue.
I believe this is because of how the fuel evaporates out of the Webers, which also makes a fuel smell under the hood.