What did you do to your E9 today?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Fuel in the Webers is known to evaporate quickly for some reason. I use the Pierburg pump in my NK with a Weber, just five seconds or so tops it up.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone know the flow rate of this pump?

I could only find to/from PSI specs (‘from’ being around 3 psi so no need for a FPR).

I like the now noise, compact size, and would like to use it with triple Weber 45’s on a 3.5l M90.
I found it: Pierburg specs
95L/Hr, which seems plenty for everything other than Lemans or Indy.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, I got plenty of fuel line, got power behind the rear seat I am not using so ......yet another project. . Even worse is the Holly in our 67 mustang.............

TodB

Reaction score
Nice. I didn't realize you have to send your YOM candidate off to the Florida DMV for evaluation. I've not found a Florida one I like yet. Nice that the 1970 plates are blue to match my interior though. Escambia county plates start with a 9, so I'm putting more emphasis on those in my search.

I had Texas YOM plates ready to go, but moved from there before registering the car. For the front, I have a German plate that ends with the last several digits of my VIN and a Manitoba one with CK28 which I read as "Coupe Karmann 2.8 liter". And it has a bison. Ha. BTW, I'm Canadian by birth but have lived in the US most of my life.
Indeed. I sent my YOM plate off with a prepaid FedEx return envelope to the good folks in Tallahassee and they still lost it. Shocker. Tracking showed that it never left their building. It mysteriously arrived 6 months later after I had sent a second one in and received it back. My plate is incorrect for St Johns but I got it before I knew it was "proper" to get county correct plates. Oh well.

And I read somewhere that YOM plates are only good for 10 years?

I'm 30ish minutes south of you, BTW.

Attachments

• IMG_2003.JPG
    IMG_2003.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And I read somewhere that YOM plates are only good for 10 years?
I don’t think YOM plates expire but they do need annual renewals, that might be regular antique plates? Love how yours matches the paint color. My turnaround was only a few days, I got lucky I guess.

TodB

Reaction score
I don’t think YOM plates expire but they do need annual renewals, that might be regular antique plates? Love how yours matches the paint color. My turnaround was only a few days, I got lucky I guess.
I was able to do a 2 year renewal last year.

May I assume you relocated to Florida?

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I do! Purchased from you years ago. It’s about time I upgrade the rest of my lights.View attachment 147424
Hello, It is beautiful cs and a nice touch with the 3rd brake light led lighting makes a E9 more bold and stand up I have LED all around on my E9 I change every single bulb to LED even instrument cluster bulb bright white at night I have no problem to see dash clock and funny thing is on my car the gap between trunk led and back panel is about 1/2 inch and I didn't adjust it, I try it but it was hard to close the trunk led, in that 1/2 inch gap I install the 3rd brake light you can not see it when is off bot when I bake it is about 14" bright red light turns on I fined out very nice what do you think.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I do! Purchased from you years ago. It’s about time I upgrade the rest of my lights.View attachment 147424
Looks like you'd already upgraded the brake lights to LEDs, which seems like a good starting point. I bought an LED strip in an attempt to replicate Andrew's work, but the one I got had far fewer LEDs per inch so it's kind of lame. Without going out to count, I'm pretty certain that mine has less than half that number of LEDs.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks like you'd already upgraded the brake lights to LEDs, which seems like a good starting point. I bought an LED strip in an attempt to replicate Andrew's work, but the one I got had far fewer LEDs per inch so it's kind of lame. Without going out to count, I'm pretty certain that mine has less than half that number of LEDs.
As I recall the strip Andrew used also has 180 degree illumination. Thats important for maximum visibility since the rear window weatherstrip it affixes to is angled slightly upward.