What did you do to your E9 today?

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks! I might try one of those instead. Mine is currently mounted in a very temporary way so it would be easy enough to swap the strip out.
I just stuck it to the rubber seal and it has lasted over a year so far.

Last edited:

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
In daylight please. It's the rare LED that is brighter all around than the Stanley bulbs.
I have followed HBChris several times (including in inclement weather shhhhh) and was literally blown away at how bright not only his brake lights are but also his tail lights. It was so amazing I was barely able to function for a week.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I followed HBChris' advice and bought the red LED brake lights. A couple of years ago I had already installed a different design LED in the brake position. Chris' lights were even brighter so I put the old LED's in the running light position. I also installed Hal Boyles' 3rd brake LED light on a custom-built pedestal for safer braking against all of the trucks we now have in traffic. Here are pics of the running lights and the brake lights.--- running light, brake lights, running & brake lights, and a close-up of the old LED running light. These pics were not taken in the dark.

Attachments

• IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1817.jpg
    IMG_1817.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 94

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Went for a ride with Scott Eddy and the poodles, with his drone. Good times had by all in my #bmw #e9

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Didn’t do anything to the e9 today, but brought home an Eastwood blast cabinet to clean up the bits that I will pull out this winter.

The coupe is at the restoration shop, hopes are that they will have success installing the windsheild that has been causing me problems all year.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I did a little clean up and prep work before the head goes on. I media blasted the timing covers, and water divider/thermostat housing prior to applying cerakote to them and the head. Intake manifolds will be next.
The parts look great. I am curious what blast media you used?

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Put two new bolts in for my front grill restoration project

Attachments

• IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4552.jpg
    IMG_4552.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 73

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In daylight please. It's the rare LED that is brighter all around than the Stanley bulbs.
Ok the results are in and I believe the LED’s are a hair brighter! You’ll see that the rectangle area of the tailight is slightly more filled with the LED (left light) vs the Stanley (right light). Also the pinpoint where the bulb is is a little larger on the LED. Daytime:

B4475BD9-F458-47EF-AF56-0726F2DCDFCA.jpeg

Night:

1B244FD5-7567-46A3-B778-CBB9337B26F3.jpeg

There you have it folks, not a huge difference but I will keep the LED’s as they should draw less current. Thanks to @HB Chris for the find!

Last edited:

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok the results are in and I believe the LED’s are a hair brighter! You’ll see that the recangle area of the tailight is slightly more filled with the LED (left light) vs the Stanley (right light). Also the pinpoint where the bulb is is a little larger on the LED. Daytime:

View attachment 147740

Night:

View attachment 147741

There you have it folks, Not a huge difference but I will keep the LED’s as they should draw less current. Thanks to @HB Chris for the find!
Steve did you use the white or red LED bulbs?

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok the results are in and I believe the LED’s are a hair brighter! You’ll see that the rectangle area of the tailight is slightly more filled with the LED (left light) vs the Stanley (right light). Also the pinpoint where the bulb is is a little larger on the LED. Daytime:

There you have it folks, Not a huge difference but I will keep the LED’s as they should draw less current. Thanks to @HB Chris for the find!
Don't forget that the LED bulbs have a faster turn-on time. Not only does it get attention a bit better, but the faster turn-on time means the drivers behind you will have just a bit more time to react. It's small, but a real gain. I'll take it.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's mine with Stanleys and the LED strip I bought off eBay. The strip has more LEDs than I thought, but yours and certainly John's look to be brighter.
IMG_1528.jpg