What did you do to your E9 today?

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sometimes the easiest things bring such joy....and Pain! UPS truck pulled up with my my allen wrenches from Wiha, thank you Chris M for the recommendation. Of course I dropped everything else I should have been doing and put them in the clam shell. As I stood admiring how nice they looked I noticed for the first time the trunk latch was not strait. The trunk has always closed but it takes a firm push. I figured this would be quick fix to straiten it so I pulled out my socket wrench set and took it off, cleaned it up and put it back on straight. Easy project done fast right? Nope now the trunk would not lock closed... had to spend another 10 min figuring out how to get it in misalignment it again to make it close!
I've learned not to tell my wife that doing anything to the car will be quick. "I'll be right in. All I have to do is close the trunk..."

Nice tool set BTW. I just looked up Wiha and realized I wasn't sure what sizes the hex keys are. Did you buy a set or individually? By the set seems like a WAAAAY better deal as long as they've got the sizes we need.

-Dan

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sometimes the easiest things bring such joy....and Pain! UPS truck pulled up with my my allen wrenches from Wiha, thank you Chris M for the recommendation. Of course I dropped everything else I should have been doing and put them in the clam shell. As I stood admiring how nice they looked I noticed for the first time the trunk latch was not strait. The trunk has always closed but it takes a firm push. I figured this would be quick fix to straiten it so I pulled out my socket wrench set and took it off, cleaned it up and put it back on straight. Easy project done fast right? Nope now the trunk would not lock closed... had to spend another 10 min figuring out how to get it in misalignment it again to make it close!
You're suppose to notch the slots and use larger washers to cover up the hack. Come on man, get with the program!! ;)

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan SO FUNNY!!! Did you have a camera in my garage? I literary that is exactly what happened. I was going to do this fast and I was supposed to be making dinner for my wife. My wife does not have the same love miss E9 as I do.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Got the manifolds back from Vapor honing recently. Today I gave them a wash and then sprayed them with clear Cerakote before installing them with new Weber 38/38 carburetors. The bottom hose attachments needed some JB weld repair as there were a few corrosion holes.

1B17561A-13CD-48A2-814A-B24098EB93AE.jpeg
9F8DFA5A-CEB1-40E8-89B9-3C0CE6C2F178.jpeg

TrackRat

Reaction score
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted here. But I’m still driving my hotrodded ‘73 coupe and have been enjoying it. Just returned from taking a rip in the old girl -that’s what I did today.
since last fall, I’ve removed the CSL wing, roof hoop, and front air dam, providing a bit of an earlier look To the car. I did keep the hood strakes.

This summer, I have been able to devote significant time in fine tuning the Triple Weber jetting. I had drifted off of the baseline carb adjustments and settings established during the motor dyno session back in 2005 (yikes, time flies). Reading and observing the lessons in the following thread have brought me a much better understanding of the nuances of jetting and tuning. Thanks Steve!

I am now rather pleased with the drive ability and the power. it is pulling cleanly to the 6300 RPM Rev limiter.

C139FB81-3955-4565-913C-9F14E690ACD0.jpeg
D639E9B2-8FA9-4B73-9AE4-ADB1B55F7774.jpeg

Doug B

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally got the car on a lift and replaced my rear shocks. (Ok, mostly watched them being replaced)

Way overdue and a major improvement. I'm not sure how old the Konis were, but they looked a tad worn out.
Very happy with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_9487.jpg
    IMG_9487.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9488.jpg
    IMG_9488.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9490.jpg
    IMG_9490.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9491.jpg
    IMG_9491.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 77

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dropped the coupe off at a shop about 45 minutes away for installation of the windshield. It was a hot day here in the Philadelphia area an I ran the car up on the highway and it didn't miss a beat, with the heat in the right range. Very happy with the aluminum radiator from @sfdon.

My son trailed me up to the shop with the original windshield along in case they need to use that instead of the Waloth sourced new glass. This will be the third attempt...fingers are crossed.

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Installed a Kenwood bluetooth Amp.

Great upgrade that boosted my speakers (old Boston Acoustic) and allowed me to use my phone (and its 800+ songs) instead of the vintage cassette deck in the dash.

Attachments

• IMG_9498.jpg
    IMG_9498.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9495.jpg
    IMG_9495.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 75

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
How does it sound, enough power?
Never enough power, but it did improve the sound.
It's only driving 2 speakers, but it's a 4 channel amp which gives me some room for further upgrades.

Of course, the day after I finished this, my shifter started flopping around like it's about to fall onto the pavement, , so I can't say I've really driven it enough to enjoy the sound.

I hope I can get the car up on a lift tomorrow and figure out the shifter platform thing. Always something...