Turkis or Taiga

Tom2240

Reaction score
So after much deliberation and changing my mind a couple of times I have decided that Taiga Green is the colour for me !

Thank you all so much for your input it really made me think about what I wanted and even though Turkis was the clear winner in terms of forum opinion it made me realise and remember that Taiga is the colour that I love and such a classic CSL colour.

So the opening panels and interior are now a rather beautiful Taiga Green and seeing the pictures I know I have made the right decision for me.

Thanks again now to start trying to source the exterior trim items to complement my perfect paint

Tom

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm torn between a few colors: Taiga, Turkis, and Colorado. Turkis (and any other blue-ish e9) looks just stunning. My biggest issue with Turkis is that it is difficult for my brain to escape this though. Yes cars came in the same colors for decades but this particular color was very popular with econoboxes in the mid 90's. I draw a lot of my preferences, music, cars, etc. from that era.

1994-honda-dx-turquoise-hatchback-full-maint-multi-use-compact-ready-to-ride-3.jpg

20843d1332219566-great-car-1999-toyota-corolla-turquoise-rolls-royce.jpg

Tom2240

Reaction score
I'm torn between a few colors: Taiga, Turkis, and Colorado. Turkis (and any other blue-ish e9) looks just stunning. My biggest issue with Turkis is that it is difficult for my brain to escape this though. Yes cars came in the same colors for decades but this particular color was very popular with econoboxes in the mid 90's. I draw a lot of my preferences, music, cars, etc. from that era.

Hi Markos
I don't want to run Turkis down but I know exactly what you mean someone in my village had a BMW Mini in Turkis.

1994-honda-dx-turquoise-hatchback-full-maint-multi-use-compact-ready-to-ride-3.jpg

Hi Markos
I don't want to run Turkis down but this has also influenced my decision some one is my Village has a BMW mini in Turkis

Colorado is a great colour the first coupe I ever saw was an early lightweight, I had gone to view & test drive a 2002 turbo and the owner of the garage had and still has a Colorado CSL and I was off on the coupe journey
Tom

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
the color of the econobox is just your basic turquoise ... not at all a complex color like turkis is.

I'm a huge fan of Turkis but I'm not buying it. Take any metallic that isn't black or silver and you are going to get some major variance depending on light. I don't think Turkis or any 70's paint color is all that complex. It's the car that makes it beautiful. :D

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Moderator: Could you please delete these two pics in Markos' post? And delete them from my brain as well?

;)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Turkis but I'm not buying it. Take any metallic that isn't black or silver and you are going to get some major variance depending on light. I don't think Turkis or any 70's paint color is all that complex. It's the car that makes it beautiful. :D
would you really think that is true - think granatrot and baikal. those are complex colors.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ding, ding, ding !!!!
I am not just tired, I am exhausted of being right...

So after much deliberation and changing my mind a couple of times I have decided that Taiga Green is the colour for me !

Tom

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
would you really think that is true - think granatrot and baikal. those are complex colors.

I’ll defer to you. I don’t know enough about paint formulation to understand what makes them more or less complex than any other metallic blue or red paint. I think it is the reflection of the flakes (or lack of reflection) that causes the big color swing.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, Snapper Rocks is a great color. But that image above is heavily slanted towards green. The real color is much more blue.

Note that once again, as you can see in the photo below, this color can change drastically depending on which light source hits it. Look at the greenish front vs the blueish rear as they get different color temperature lights.

PS: Bonus points for the first one who can explain what "Snapper rocks" refers to... No Googling allowed!

BMW-440i-Snapper-Rocks-Blue-07.jpg

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score

I, like many here, agonized over a colour choice. Turkis was an option however seeing this colour, okay, similar colour, on some cheap models turned me off. However, turkis is a great evocation colour of the 70s. If you really want 70s and the CSL look then Inca is another great colour.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, Snapper Rocks is a great color. But that image above is heavily slanted towards green. The real color is much more blue.

Note that once again, as you can see in the photo below, this color can change drastically depending on which light source hits it. Look at the greenish front vs the blueish rear as they get different color temperature lights.

PS: Bonus points for the first one who can explain what "Snapper rocks" refers to... No Googling allowed!

View attachment 45318

Well, there is a popular surf beach near me called just that - Snapper Rocks. I suppose I stretch my imagination and see the water colour there as the inspiration for the BMW colour.