Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
FAFF6CBD-8072-451D-82A0-AA38E4A9B2D0.jpeg

So cool.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
FWIW, my Taiga came from the factory with black interior including the black velvet/corduroy ( euro car) so that combo is sanctioned by somebody.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
gotta love that pair of Turkis ... thanks for posting Chuck. i really think that turkis + ceylon are my favorite colors. you just have to be careful with both of them in repaint to make sure you get the color correct.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I searched / waited for years for a Taiga to come up for sale and I refused to settle for anything less. Green is very much my favourite colour and for me the lighter metallic green of Taiga is just sublime, and also very 70's chic.

I agree Turkis is also a wonderful colour (so your dilemma is understandable) but somehow I think Taiga is a bit more iconic on a CSL.

The problem you might have would be if your heart's set on Taiga (and especially if has been for a long time) and then you go with Turkis you may regret it every time you see a Taiga E9.

Also if you plan to keep your car for the the long-term (or forever) then any comments about value lost due to paint change is not such a worry. (Also you are already losing some degree of originality by creating s CSL evocation car from a CSI).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Tom2240

Reaction score
I searched / waited for years for a Taiga to come up for sale and I refused to settle for anything less. Green is very much my favourite colour and for me the lighter metallic green of Taiga is just sublime, and also very 70's chic.

I agree Turkis is also a wonderful colour (so your dilemma is understandable) but somehow I think Taiga is a bit more iconic on a CSL.

The problem you might have would be if your heart's set on Taiga (and especially if has been for a long time) and then you go with Turkis you may regret it every time you see a Taiga E9.

Also if you plan to keep your car for the the long-term (or forever) then any comments about value lost due to paint change is not such a worry. (Also you are already losing some degree of originality by creating s CSL evocation car from a CSI).

View attachment 44792

View attachment 44793

Hi Mal
This pretty much sums up my dilemma for me also Taiga just sings CSL in a way that Turkis did not until all the great Turkis CSL photos came along.

Whilst I plan on making it a bit of a CSL tribute apart from the head lining and lack of city pack bumpers it Would be all stock, the black seats really are not that far off the Scheels in appearance.
I have a front set of comfort Scheels out of another coupe that might go in.

Apart from the alloy panels there is not much else different in a RHD car.

Your coupe is stunning

Kind regards
Tom

peterkaczynski

Reaction score
Photos

Attachments

• A7ED5B0B-E624-4E43-9682-6C679B6096D8.jpeg
    A7ED5B0B-E624-4E43-9682-6C679B6096D8.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 7DF16C2A-DC50-4E10-8DF7-3D3F15E24358.jpeg
    7DF16C2A-DC50-4E10-8DF7-3D3F15E24358.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 259
  • 411B20CA-637C-4CE3-95DF-8453BE931DD1.jpeg
    411B20CA-637C-4CE3-95DF-8453BE931DD1.jpeg
    327.7 KB · Views: 311

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Taiga.

If you are unhappy you can always repaint back to its original Turkis. If you start Turkis you will never repaint.

Paint color remorse, best of shrinks cannot cure that malaise...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
its amazing to see the color differences - perhaps its the camera / perhaps the lighting / maybe its the paint. just as i have noticed the differences in the colors of ceylon ... turkis seems to have the same anomalies. if you look at the pics of Peter's turkis 2002 and coupe, you see a brighter / more turquoise car than you do in the pic of CCR2002. i really kind of like the more icy turquoise in the CCR2002 pic. its also true with the taiga pics. Mal's is much more color saturated than CCR2002's i again prefer Chuck's. in my post about Ceylon ... the one i prefer is also Chuck's. so i know there is variation in paint ... and pictures can vary a lot. so you really need to know how true the color is.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
835A7A21-6E65-4666-A10E-52E27641B062.jpeg
Hi Scott,
This car has gone thru a condition 1 resto (new or better) and no expenses spared with a fresh coat of original paint. Shot was taken a couple of months ago just before the final touches
My vision of a Türkis E9 in doors......

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
its amazing to see the color differences - perhaps its the camera / perhaps the lighting / maybe its the paint. just as i have noticed the differences in the colors of ceylon ... turkis seems to have the same anomalies. if you look at the pics of Peter's turkis 2002 and coupe, you see a brighter / more turquoise car than you do in the pic of CCR2002. i really kind of like the more icy turquoise in the CCR2002 pic. its also true with the taiga pics. Mal's is much more color saturated than CCR2002's i again prefer Chuck's. in my post about Ceylon ... the one i prefer is also Chuck's. so i know there is variation in paint ... and pictures can vary a lot. so you really need to know how true the color is.

Totally agree. Some colours are so hard to photograph the way they actually look in real life. I think a lot comes down to the camera used.

I find my Samsung device saturates the colours (eg my Taiga comes out much more ‘green’). Too vivid. Even with colour adjustments never a true representation.

Apple seems to be more accurate when it comes to colours but they can look a bit flatter and washed out vs. real life.

Apple imho has the best camera phone for shooting cars. But still only gets car paint colours 80% accurate.

peterkaczynski

Reaction score
Yes I’ve noticed that turkis has different hues in different lighting. A lot of it also some out to editing, brightness, saturation and other adjustments play on the final outcome of the photo which make the car look brighter and stand out more

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree Scott, this thread sure has given Türkis more attention than ever before. An absolute unique color and a dilemma for someone deciding which way to go.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i agree Andrew. i was dead set on ceylon, but this thread has me tugging between turkis and ceylon

I have seen Ceylon & Turkis in person and Turkis wins me over every time. I have not seen a Turkis coupe aside from this thread. I have friends with original Turkis 2002s and it is a magical color. It has more of a presence than Ceylon and better contrast with the trim. In the end it's your decision and has to make your heart sing.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Paint it Turkis, enjoy it. See if you love it. If not, buy the next Taiga and sell the Turkis. There will be a market. And prices seem to be catching up with costs of restoration.