The end is near....SCOTTeVEST's Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
What I like best is that your interior is installed yet they haven't done the belt-line trim.
I hope they have someone with small hands (that's why we have kids, right?).

The door panels are still off. They need to do the locks also. I never found that access point that you all referenced for the belt-line nut near the c-pillar. I just used my apparently-small-hands to access from the trunk. I don't have a '74 with those support fins in the trunk.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Every time I see those BBS RS with the waffles and nuts missing I twitch a little. I can't wait to see them beautified. Your car looks amazing Scott!

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s hard to see in the video (especially because the car is black) but is the thin black rubber trim that goes under the door and rear side window chrome sills missing? They might still be on the table with all the other misc items yet to be installed.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s hard to see in the video (especially because the car is black) but is the thin black rubber trim that goes under the door and rear side window chrome sills missing? They might still be on the table with all the other misc items yet to be installed.
Not sure. Can you show me a picture? I'm not quite sure precisely where this goes.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks. Should I used BBS stickers or BMW for center of wheels?

I would do black BBS just because your car is slightly modified and it is vastly apparent that it is a BMW. Also, they aren’t stickers. there are three prongs on the back that hold them to the nut.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure. Can you show me a picture? I'm not quite sure precisely where this goes.

I think he's talking about this rubber:

34D6E660-0A2A-4C51-9339-5777655483F8.jpeg

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, that’s the missing trim ( probably some sort of plastic vinyl actually) .

Scott, I checked your first video posted and it was on the car when you drove it in and by the way....... what a transformation!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's looking great, Scott! With the belt trim on, the black is even better - so good it is making me ponder my recent decision to take my car back to its original Polaris. I might just have to look at yours when I need a black coupe fix. :D
I agree. I was wondering whether Black was the best color for the vehicle but I think because it looks so good with the silver and chrome it’s perfect.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, that’s the missing trim ( probably some sort of plastic vinyl actually) .

Scott, I checked your first video posted and it was on the car when you drove it in and by the way....... what a transformation!
I will look for it tomorrow when I head to the shop. You guys are incredibly detailed oriented. Thank you. I never would’ve noticed.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree. I was wondering whether Black was the best color for the vehicle but I think because it looks so good with the silver and chrome it’s perfect.
Black is a beautiful color on the E9. I would lose my mind trying to keep it clean. White is hard enough.
My father in law said "you never have to wash a silver car" and he didn't :rolleyes:

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I love the combination of black with a beige leather interior.- really classy.
On the outside the silver trim line and especially the wing grilles (fender grilles) show well against the black paint.
And those wheels are terrific!

All in all a very impressive car.

Marco

Status
Not open for further replies.