CS Register Grill Badge - All gone???

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Stephen,

For Europe keep it simple registered mail via USPS, Fedex and co are much to expensive.

Just make sure to indicate a value of max $20 on the green slip. If you go over that many members will get knock on the head with up to 100% import taxes and additional VAT.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all,
As many of you already know, I've been sending out PM's with payment info. For a few of you, I still need addresses, etc.

I have not figured out shipping costs for the international orders yet - sorry for the delay. I will get to that in the next few days (hopefully) and you will see messages from me at that time.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. Thanks to @oneills for getting the ball rolling on this - it has been a pretty smooth transition to pick it up and run with it. Boxing these things up and sending them all to the right places will be the next challenge. :confused:

Of course, if you haven't ordered one (or more) badges yet, keep 'em coming.
THANK YOU,
Stephen

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all.
Regarding sending payment, checks are okay but I think PayPal is pretty popular - so quick and painless.
BUT, when you send the money, PLEASE send it as a gift. Either that or add $5 to the total for the fee that gets taken out if you don't send it as a "gift". Remember, I am not in business to sell grill badges. :) Nor am I keen on paying for a portion of your badge. :D I am keeping a really lean cost structure on these badges so we can all enjoy a low cost.

And again, for the international folks, I will get shipping totals soon and let you know where that cost lands.

As always - thank you!!!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A good question just came through - how long will the badges take?
Once I receive everyone's payment, I will pay for and officially place the order. The more prompt everyone is with sending me $, the sooner the order will be started. I am told it should take around 3 weeks to make the badges. So, we're probably looking at about a month after everyone's payment.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Stephen,

For Europe keep it simple registered mail via USPS, Fedex and co are much to expensive.

Just make sure to indicate a value of max $20 on the green slip. If you go over that many members will get knock on the head with up to 100% import taxes and additional VAT.

indeed, usps works well, tracked shipping
a padded envelop will do
i would say value for a small item like this should be declared around 10 usd

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've visited the post office and learned a bit about shipping to our international members. I hope to have that firmed up today if possible, and will send out what I know.

As for the US folks, I've received 55% of the payments so far. Very eager to get everyone's payment and getting the badges into fabrication. :):D

Philippe db

Reaction score
I've visited the post office and learned a bit about shipping to our international members. I hope to have that firmed up today if possible, and will send out what I know.

As for the US folks, I've received 55% of the payments so far. Very eager to get everyone's payment and getting the badges into fabrication. :):D

Just wondering? Is it really the intention to limit the production of these badge to payments received?

I'm not the administrator of the forum but If I was I would just order 200, number them and put them up for sale in a separate thread. This way the forum can earn a little extra, always welcome, and for the years to come new members will have the opportunity to add this piece of jewellery to their cars. It won't take long before they are all gone.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Philippe,
Thought provoking questions! As I understand it, there is no intentional limitation of badge quantity. However, this is not a forum run project (which is to say, forum funds are not paying for, nor profiting from this badge run). I inherited the project from another member, and if you may recall we couldn't even get enough interest in making a minimum quantity to place an order at all. I was fortunate enough to find a different source with a lower minimum - which we've now surpassed. Woo hoo! But at the prices we're offering these badges, there is no money being made. I am running the project so lean that I am on the edge of paying for badges out of pocket for some members. :eek:

I am ordering "some" extra badges, and they will be available for future members/orders until they are gone. But not 100 extra - more like a dozen. Again, these will be purchased by me and (hopefully) be sold so I can get whole again.

I hope this helps. Good ideas. Oh, I am looking at what would be involved in numbering the badges. Also a cool idea - we'll see what I can find.
Thank you!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Update:
US buyers have been sending their payments - THANK YOU. We're about 60% there with the US orders.

INTERNATIONAL buyers - I finally have some good information regarding shipping costs to the at least 10 different countries I'll be sending badges to. Special thanks to my "global market team" for helping to educate me on the best method for shipping: @Gransin , @Simufly , @deQuincey , and @Markos .

I will be sending messages to everyone individually that will total up the cost for each of you. Sending (1) badge brings us in under a certain weight, and will be much more cost effective. (2) badges triggers the next pricing tier, but still not bad. Badges will be sent out to the international folks in padded envelopes (bubble wrap inside) to keep the weight under these thresholds.

You'll hear from me shortly :D

Thank you!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good morning all, and happy Friday!
Say, I just wanted to share that the CS Register badge order is going really well. Orders have been continuing to come in, and 73% of the orders placed have been paid for. I am so eager to get the production/fabrication going. As soon as a couple more payments come in, I am going to pull the trigger and get the mold/machine work started. Thank you for helping to make this a smooth operation! :)