What's the fastest you've driven your e9/e3 (allegedly)?

giannicsl

Reaction score
many times I have been very imprudent
I have often had to go out with my best friends who have alfa giulia gtv200
montreal
and sometimes with close friends in 911 2.4s

mutual intentions were always to be good guys,
but the sound of each of these engines put a strain on our promises .....
in the end we always became delinquents .... chasing each other on our beautiful 2 lane roads ....
the performances were still similar we are talking about 200 km / h and even beyond, but
I've always been afraid for my coupe
for 2 reasons at least

I have always feared the detachment of my rear and side perspex
, but also for the front bonnet exceeding 160 km / h I'm afraid of losing pieces ... even the wiper arms
I add
the csi-csl do not have great braking qualities as standard ....
being in the wake of a montreal at 230 km / h is pure adrenaline especially when it spits fire from the mufflers, but I would never do it again ....
now I would say that with the csL I go no more than 120kmh
on the contrary with the 3000s
I often go around 180 and beyond
almost new engine, set-up, and tires always ok

Attachments

• IMG-20180315-WA0044.jpg
    IMG-20180315-WA0044.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG-20201003-WA0058.jpg
    IMG-20201003-WA0058.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 108

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I downloaded an app on my I phone to confirm apparently my Speedo is off about 12mph (too fast) so I ventured to just about 120MPH got some front end shaking but there was more to go if I wanted to white knuckle it.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
NIck told me he had the 2800CS up to 90 on the expressway this weekend. I wish I didn't know that but happy there weren't any issues.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry @Drew Gregg, I know you're fast but I was referring to our resident astronaut @afeustel. I doubt anyone can compete with his 17,000mph cruising speed. :)

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry @Drew Gregg, I know you're fast but I was referring to our resident astronaut @afeustel. I doubt anyone can compete with his 17,000mph cruising speed. :)

Amazing stuff right there!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When Drew was Commander of the ISS two years ago, I had a call from Houston. It wasn’t his NASA cell so I didn’t recognize it and almost didn’t answer. Good thing I did, it was Drew and Houston had patched him through to my cell phone! We had a nice chat, OCCoupe got a similar call as did a few others.

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
When Drew was Commander of the ISS two years ago, I had a call from Houston. It wasn’t his NASA cell so I didn’t recognize it and almost didn’t answer. Good thing I did, it was Drew and Houston had patched him through to my cell phone! We had a nice chat, OCCoupe got a similar call as did a few others.
Pretty cool!

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
With my old dual 38s Webers, I topped out w/ the speedo reading 220kph (@136mph) on Hwy 4 coming back from Mt Lassen once ...but my nephew read 115mph on the GPS. We kept that run between us. ;)

With the new triple 45 Weber set up, was hitting about 185kph (@115mph) before running out of straight-away on Thunderhill Raceway last Friday. Haven't found the 'new' top-end yet...

The old speedo readings are more fun than the GPS' ;)
I know those carburetors

CSBM5

Reaction score
Way back in 1975 I had an interesting morning with my father's '72 Bavaria. I drove him to the Atlanta airport for a super early flight, and I took I-75 back up through town to I-285 eastbound (this is back when I-285 was just two lanes each way). Still dark, zero traffic, so WOT through the gears and as fast as the car would go in 4th. I stayed at full throttle all the way to the Roswell Rd exit. The speedometer was showing about 125mph (optimistic I'm sure) for a long time across that path. I pulled up to the stoplight at the end of the ramp waiting to turn north up Roswell Rd. Just as the light turned green, I noticed a police car with lights on closing from behind at warp speed. I slowly proceeded on but was pulled over.

The police officer said he saw me go by at the Powers Ferry exit (about 3-4 miles back) and couldn't catch up to me. He asked me what this car was (remember this was 1975, in Atlanta, and a BMW Bavaria was essentially an unknown car to most) and why it was so fast. I went about explaining the car and the engine (which he wanted to see) and how in Germany they were designed to run at top speed for long periods, etc. I told him why I was out and just said I didn't look at how fast I was going...just concentrating on driving since there was no traffic at all. Fortunately, he said to take it easy next time, and if he caught me doing that again to not expect as good of an outcome. :)

Storage Andy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have to say I am impressed with the speeds that I am seeing on this post. Wow. I get mine up to around a 100 mph and I don't want to go past that.
She has room left. I just get a little nervous that she'll get mad at me.