What did you do to your E9 today?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Spent 4 hours detailing Athena for The Lime Rock Historics & Sunday in the Park 2015. Finally cleaned the splattered bugs off the air dam from The Vintage in NC from last May.

After all the Zymöl treatments she looks and smells wonderful. Love that stuff.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I drove Athena from Lime Rock to home in record time. Did I-495 from the I-290 entrance in Marlboro MA to Portsmouth NH. 70 miles in about 50 minutes. Traveling between 70-95mph, limit is 65. :evil:

Stan, roundel looks excellent. really completes the car. I need the gasket.

Attachments

• IMG_7105.jpg
    IMG_7105.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 147

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris,

That is the gasket you gave to me, with all the little cuts.

Andrew,

I have the old OEM gasket but is it not clean and new. You are welcome to it.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
in preparation for the move to the black scheel interior, spent a little time taking a rear (side) armrest apart - due to its plywood falling apart, carefully removing the covering and the foam. have cut some new pieces out of 5mm plywood and will do a test fit before putting it all back together this coming weekend with the original thicker pieces of wood ... then putting the original covering back on and paint it black.

i am working on measuring everything as accurately as i can and creating drawings of the individual pieces, trying to get all of the geometry correct of the plywood pieces and adjusting the dimensions as necessary. i will print the drawing in PDF format and make it available for anybody that is in need.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
smooooth

Inspired by Duane's and others, I came back from Lime Rock, cleaned my car, used the Griot's Garage clay bar as instructed, followed by waxing using the PS2 sample that I got at Bav Auto Show n Shine.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Inspired by Duane's and others, I came back from Lime Rock, cleaned my car, used the Griot's Garage clay bar as instructed, followed by waxing using the PS2 sample that I got at Bav Auto Show n Shine.

Wow, I must be a contrarian, I washed and waxed the car before not after the show...

I live in fear of my neighbors ratting on me for washing my cars during this California drought so I am quick to point out that I have however stopped showering.
I tell them from a few feet away.

Does clay bar work (for the car, not for me)?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, I must be a contrarian, I washed and waxed the car before not after the show...

I live in fear of my neighbors ratting on me for washing my cars during this California drought so I am quick to point out that I have however stopped showering.
I tell them from a few feet away.

Does clay bar work (for the car, not for me)?

Actually "washed" the car with speed shine!
You can feel a difference in the smoothness of the paint after clay bar. Not sure, but I don't think it will work on you (or your spleen)

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Planning

Planning to go to cars and coffee this weekend in Austin. I hope to see other e9's and possibly, well other stuff too. It will be the first time in months that I'll be taking her out so I hope she behaves nicely.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
C & c

Interesting gathering at the Oasis in Austin this morning. Finally dragged the old gal out and she did pretty well. She was the only e9 there, but allot of 2002's and both of Terry Sayther's Baur targas, thought I'd post a few shots. The weather was finally less than 100 degrees so there were lots of cars! Even got the wife to join in the festivities (she's hangin' with Terry). It's also re-kindled the itch to finish up the 3.0 (little odds n ends) and put that darn motor back in the Polaris.

Attachments

• cnc1.jpg
    cnc1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 181
  • cnc2.jpg
    cnc2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 168
  • cnc3.jpg
    cnc3.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 179
  • cnc4.jpg
    cnc4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 171

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you gotta love that 2002 with the s14 in it. that's a lot of engine in a light car ... and you know its not a stock 192hp engine.

it was a beautiful + cool day in the ATL ... so i spent the time to build out the wood pieces of the rear arm rests. the dimensions are worked out. and it all goes together well. i was rebuilding some arm rests that didn't come out of my car - those are still fine. before i add the foam back onto the wood frames, i need to find or make some of the metal anchor plates ... they were missing on 2 sets of arm rests ... all but one. i also need to figure out what kind of rivet i can use to mount the plates to the wood that doesn't add a lot of thickness. anybody done this or have any ideas?

Last edited: