Legends - West

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was wondering why I did not see you there
Yea, a bummer. The only interesting thing about the day was ending up randomly getting this to drive home in. I must say I was not impressed...

Attachments

• 20220818_152702.jpg
    20220818_152702.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 118

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great day at Laguna Seca, first time there.
The BMWs in the 72 to 85 Le Mans race looked and sounded great, but did not place near the top…

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@HB Chris - I took my 2019 GTi so I'd be SURE of making it back home Thursday eve for business meetings on Fri.... Only to have it loose the clutch in Big Sur with no cell service and my buddies driving off into the distance! Spent all day trying to recover the car and get it to storage.

I was so bummed. I wanted to meet you and a few other individuals from the forum only to have all my plans disintegrate!
Should have drove the coupe! That's a crazy story, I hate when stuff like that happens. When it happens in a 50 year old car, ok. But to happen in a 2019, wow, that's nuts, sorry to hear that.

Last edited:

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We were around Veronika most of the day. We were able to see the show after we were judged. Great coupes in the Concours & Display. Hopefully we’ll meet at Laguna Seca Friday & Saturday.
I met Andrew and Cindy at Laguna today. Their cabriolet is rare and beautiful Thanks for sharing it with those of us on the left coast.

I also met @BMW Pete purely by serendipity. What are the odds of two guys that have never met before and live 100 miles apart in the PNW, meeting up in a crowd of thousands in Northern California? o_O

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I met Andrew and Cindy at Laguna today. Their cabriolet is rare and beautiful Thanks for sharing it with those of us on the left coast.

I also met @BMW Pete purely by serendipity. What are the odds of two guys that have never met before and live 100 miles apart in the PNW, meeting up in a crowd of thousands in Northern California? o_O

Great to meet you & your son. You have a great E3 one of the best I’ve ever seen. Safe travels home.

SloJoe

Reaction score
Patina coupe here. Long time lurker on the board. Pleasure meeting everyone. @sfdon thanks again for meeting on short notice for some bits.

Arrived at around 7am or so to park got situated then walked toward the food tent to hope to find a cup of coffee. A close friend and myself come to find the chalk board with a non German car on it… (A Dino….) Situation was mitigated.

Cheers,
-Joe
Morro Bay, California

F512B785-971A-4207-99A0-F8EF9EB0A582.jpeg
DE204CC2-3C47-43B6-B0A5-33E72A8A0A7B.jpeg
DDF32366-828D-49E7-AF8E-D87649E7067C.jpeg

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Patina coupe here. Long time lurker on the board. Pleasure meeting everyone. @sfdon thanks again for meeting on short notice for some bits.

Arrived at around 7am or so to park got situated then walked toward the food tent to hope to find a cup of coffee. A close friend and myself come to find the chalk board with a non German car on it… (A Dino….) Situation was mitigated.

Cheers,
-Joe
Morro Bay, California
Loved your patina coupe! Goes to show it doesn’t have to be all shiny to be great fun!

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score