Legends - West

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I met Mike W, Drew H, Norm! (Again) and finally Dick Steinkamp. I missed Tyson if you were there. David Salazar had a lovely Golf 3.0CSi that won best e9 and Don had a few customer Schwarz coupes there as well. A great day but I’m beat! I hope we can return to the PGGC again, a great venue.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great venue & a beautiful day.

So many nice cars. This survivor csi was a particular favorite. Friendly owner and interesting backstory.

IMG_3197.JPG

T

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I met Mike W, Drew H, Norm! (Again) and finally Dick Steinkamp. I missed Tyson if you were there. David Salazar had a lovely Golf 3.0CSi that won best e9 and Don had a few customer Schwarz coupes there as well. A great day but I’m beat! I hope we can return to the PGGC again, a great venue.
It’s time to say thanks- so much effort and so professional - what a great effort!
Thank you Chris!

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A great show! Perfect venue. Excellent assortment of BMWs. Something for everyone. More E9s than I would have imagined would be there. Only one other E3, however. They must be expensive since they are so rare, right? ; > ) 30 (I counted them) 02s. I had fun.

My car ran flawlessly on the 1,000 mile drive. The dipstick was remained at the full mark and the car averaged 20 MPG. The only downside was that the AC couldn't keep up with 100F in the valley. I bumped into @sfdon who offered a solution I will follow up on.

A few of the cars Don built that were at the show (there were others). I loved the green interior with the black. Something I would never have considered if I hadn't seen it.

IMG_8405.JPG

IMG_8404.JPG

IMG_8430.JPG

IMG_8421.JPG

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A great show! Perfect venue. Excellent assortment of BMWs. Something for everyone. More E9s than I would have imagined would be there. Only one other E3, however. They must be expensive since they are so rare, right? ; > ) 30 (I counted them) 02s. I had fun.

My car ran flawlessly on the 1,000 mile drive. The dipstick was remained at the full mark and the car averaged 20 MPG. The only downside was that the AC couldn't keep up with 100F in the valley. I bumped into @sfdon who offered a solution I will follow up on.

A few of the cars Don built that were at the show (there were others). I loved the green interior with the black. Something I would never have considered if I hadn't seen it.

View attachment 146623

View attachment 146624

View attachment 146625

View attachment 146626
Great pics!

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
We were around Veronika most of the day. We were able to see the show after we were judged. Great coupes in the Concours & Display. Hopefully we’ll meet at Laguna Seca Friday & Saturday.

My "classic car-wife," who lives locally, joined me to walk the show and she loved your car and the color of her name.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
@HB Chris - I took my 2019 GTi so I'd be SURE of making it back home Thursday eve for business meetings on Fri.... Only to have it loose the clutch in Big Sur with no cell service and my buddies driving off into the distance! Spent all day trying to recover the car and get it to storage.

I was so bummed. I wanted to meet you and a few other individuals from the forum only to have all my plans disintegrate!

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@HB Chris - I took my 2019 GTi so I'd be SURE of making it back home Thursday eve for business meetings on Fri.... Only to have it loose the clutch in Big Sur with no cell service and my buddies driving off into the distance! Spent all day trying to recover the car and get it to storage.

I was so bummed. I wanted to meet you and a few other individuals from the forum only to have all my plans disintegrate!
I was wondering why I did not see you there