Coupe Value

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Based on the Blue Plate I would guess it is an original California car. Price seems reasonable, I wouldn't exactly call this a parts car just yet. Looks to have some potental.

Last edited:

shanon

Reaction score
How many schwartz over tan leather with blue plates do you see?

I like it, something about scruffy mutt challenges.

Hope the new owner chimes in.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Barry,

LOL! You may be right about show cars but your coupe isn't a parts car, it's a work in process. The eBay coupe has so many needs its hard to decide where to start.

Chris

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
As long as it isn't in danger of structural collapse it is a driver. You would not believe what my first $200 Bavaria looked like. Holes everywhere. I made a new front fender with fibreglass and strapping. Pop riveted panels with Bondo on top. Anyway, it drove amazingly well. I always joke to my wife that she went out with me cause I had a BMW.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
not sure i would call it a parts car from what i saw. i see a car in serious need. i didn't see too many parts that aren't suffering from some trauma. it looks repairable, albeit expensive, not a candidate for the crusher.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All such "parts cars" should be sent to the UK.
A lot of thier restorationss start off a lot worse.
If I could ship the "turkey carcass" over I am sure there would be interest!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sold

just under $5K
maybe I should have bought it as my west-coast car to use on business trips?
Chris wouldn't mind...he sold his '02 and has lots of space ;)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

waynesie

Reaction score
Well this car came back to ebay and sold again... This time for $4.5k, same seller as with the $4.9k because the buyer flaked.. Looked like a good deal for that price ( if I only had space) and way better than just a parts car. Needed lots of love, but a driver.

Well, it is back again, not even 5 days later. Much prettier pictures, not as dirty, but with a buy it now of $12k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971...rs_Trucks&hash=item337f53321d#ht_46075wt_1021

Wow, Now that is a quick flip. Current seller makes it sound like they have owned it..... Their check has not even cleared for buying it. Hope they atleast put new tires on it, but it looks like they just Armoralled them. :-?

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
pfft....is anyone really hoping this gets sold for 2x what the flipper's got into it? I hope not, the poor sap who pops even a "reasonable" markup will be pissed with what he winds up with. Not even a revealing underhood photo. And wasn't someone here making a case for eBay being the best measure of market indicators? A month ago this was a disparaged "parts car"...and now the guy is asking more than half of us would ask for the cars we are working on! Let's all jump for glee and hope for the best!

---ok...here come the rebuttals........