Armrest Upper Moldings Avail, All Colors, Finally Arrived!

2002turbo

Reaction score
The guy in Germany that is the original source for these parts. he charges Euro 49 to ship to USA no matter how small the parcel. no idea how much to Colombia.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
My understanding that due to COVID DHL will only do expensive overnight shipping. The German postal service won’t ship anything right now internationally via standard post. Christopher from CS-werk is in the same predicament.

The vendors like Kevin and Christopher have no choice.

skb

Reaction score
Does anyone have the email of the guy in Germany?
SKB

skb

Reaction score
Thanks, Keshav. He is expensive and shipping is... WOW!

2002turbo

Reaction score
This is exactly why I imported 16 sets of the moldings .. shipping cost for 16 same as shipping cost for 1.

We are trying to get some more in tan, it seems that's the popular color. At the same time we are getting some of the chromed plastic caps that go with this molding. We can also get the other chromed piece that goes with the armrest, the horizontal bit. See photo. But I need to see a show of hands before I launch on those. I don't know the price yet, depends to some degree on how many I order again to spread the shipping cost.

Attachments

• IMG_20190121_113402.jpg
    IMG_20190121_113402.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 110

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
...and maybe some of the "gasket" pieces that go between the colored plastic piece and the wood? I see that he has a chromed one on his site (thought those were for the 3.0si, etc and the e9 ones were colored like the plastic piece?) Are the above chromed metal pcs NOS as well? Appreciate your initiative on all of this.

2002turbo

Reaction score
AFAIK yes NOS. He lives in the same town as BMW and probably worked there at some point.

The only chromed "gasket" piece he offered me was for the 2002 Turbo. Send me a photo of what you need, perhaps we can add that to the next shipment assuming there is one.

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
...and maybe some of the "gasket" pieces that go between the colored plastic piece and the wood? I see that he has a chromed one on his site (thought those were for the 3.0si, etc and the e9 ones were colored like the plastic piece?) Are the above chromed metal pcs NOS as well? Appreciate your initiative on all of this.

have a photo?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have no photo..go to Keshav's post above, to Kevin's ebay pages, there is a picture of one on page 3, about number 20 down from the top. Only 12 euros, but shipping says 60 euros! If you look at lots of (google or other) images where the armrest meets the wood, you can just make out the 1/2-round bead edge where it is attached to the wood...Someone made a few a while back that looked like black rubber (not sure what the material actually was). I actually talked to a lady instructor at our local community college about doing some in PVC with a 3d model machine this morning...I don't own the piece to have them scan it tho, and not sure that her supervisor would have the same interest.

skb

Reaction score
I'm interested in a pair if you are going to order a bunch. Also, I'm one of the ones interested in the tan door handle plastic pieces.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Weren't they originally color matched to the plastic part and made in plastic? Any color would be great...spray vinyl would be easy to match.

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have no photo..go to Keshav's post above, to Kevin's ebay pages, there is a picture of one on page 3, about number 20 down from the top. Only 12 euros, but shipping says 60 euros! If you look at lots of (google or other) images where the armrest meets the wood, you can just make out the 1/2-round bead edge where it is attached to the wood...Someone made a few a while back that looked like black rubber (not sure what the material actually was). I actually talked to a lady instructor at our local community college about doing some in PVC with a 3d model machine this morning...I don't own the piece to have them scan it tho, and not sure that her supervisor would have the same interest.

These part?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2020-05-17 a la(s) 10.58.03 a. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-05-17 a la(s) 10.58.03 a. m..png
    261.6 KB · Views: 96

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
No, but similar...the one that I saw is now on page two of his ebay page...I would provide the number, but I don't see one. The ones you pictured are ovoid in shape; the one on page 2 is an odd shape that matched the end of the plastic fitting...

2002turbo

Reaction score
working on the tan ("Nylonbraun") moldings ... if those materialize we can get some of Kevin's other stuff same shipment but seems there is some disagreement as to whether these "gaskets" should be chromed or colored plastic ...

2002turbo

Reaction score
Have located some Drivers Side tan moldings .. not sets. Since this is the one that sees the most use, I am thinking that should help some folks. Seems the stash of armrest moldings is almost dry, at least in that color.

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
working on the tan ("Nylonbraun") moldings ... if those materialize we can get some of Kevin's other stuff same shipment but seems there is some disagreement as to whether these "gaskets" should be chromed or colored plastic ...
The bases for the armrest caps are a soft and flexible plastic and the color matches the caps. They were never chrome on the e9, those were for later e3 models.