What did you do to your E9 today?

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew, BBS's look really nice!

Mr. bump, that sounds unusual about the power steering belt you should be able to figure it out though- it's visual and mechanical :)

Stan, agreed; big difference between ice and rain kind of like silliness and insanity but in a month or so your drives will be the envy of the forum!

Great stuff here!

Ulrich 3.0 CSA

Reaction score
white plastic part for Golde wind deflector

put on one missing white plastic part to Golde wind deflector today! Made by forum member Stan - perfect work, looks like original Golde. Thanks!

Ulrich

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Removed my old carpet and took the time to first apply several coats of loctite rust neutralizer and then fluid film to every cavitity and concealed area I could access. Also plugged up some openings in the floor into the frame rails where the old fuel injection electronics used to run. Just cut pices of sheet metal and set them in a bed of weatherstrip adhiseve that could be removed if ever the next owner wants to convert back to original. I also found and plugged 3 holes around the gear shift that I assume might be there for bolting an automatic shift gear? Never knew they were there under the carpet but I am sure road noise and engine fumes found there way up into the cabin through them. As tomorrow is a holiday the carpet install will have to wait until next weekend.

Happy Easter,

Doug

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did a few more bits on my Megasquirt EFI conversion, finished modifying the Holden throttle body and made a couple of brackets up to be welded to the Motronic inlet manifold, these to bolt the cooling tube that runs under the inlet manifold to.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
took out the driver's side seats, the driver's side door + rear panels, took my drivers side rear belt trim off ... what a challenge to get to at least 4 of the 9 nuts off.

spent some time trying to work on the alignment of my drivers window - trying to bring the top of the window closer to the rear window ... and get the angle of the rear of the window to align with the angle of the rear window ... that isn't working so well. in looking across the car, it looks like the leading edges of both rear windows do NOT align. will have to get out there with an adjustable triangle and measure the angles of both sides.

pmansson

Reaction score
Side window alignment

I think this is best done by focusing on the rear side windows which can be adjusted in all directions, which is not the case with the door windows. It is a real PITA to get 100%, which I don´t think I can say any of my cars are. With door and rear side window about an inch open, they both will move a bit when I pull them forward or backwards. This means the overlap will not always be totally parallel when both are shut. And then you have the business card test trick to ensure that the vertical rubber seal on the rear side glass is sealing well against the door glass, all the way down, and not squished too much in the upper section.
Very challenging to get 100%, and many cars probably left the factory less than perfect in this sense.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think this is best done by focusing on the rear side windows which can be adjusted in all directions, which is not the case with the door windows. It is a real PITA to get 100%, which I don´t think I can say any of my cars are. With door and rear side window about an inch open, they both will move a bit when I pull them forward or backwards. This means the overlap will not always be totally parallel when both are shut. And then you have the business card test trick to ensure that the vertical rubber seal on the rear side glass is sealing well against the door glass, all the way down, and not squished too much in the upper section.
Very challenging to get 100%, and many cars probably left the factory less than perfect in this sense.
great advice ... i think i will start with the rear window ... as i know the front sides are at different angles from side to side of the car. when i saw that i came to the conclusion that i needed to get that right first. especially when you looked at the lack of overlap of the front window to the gasket. my car was repainted in arizona where it seldom rains ... so they probably didn't worry about it.

thanks again
scott

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
Feel a bit ashamed after reading all the other posts, I haven't done anything on my winter to-do list.

I did take her out this morning for the 1st drive of the year. Roads here haven't weathered the past winter all that well.
Still felt great to be out driving again!

AA_0405151010_zpsiszhynmj.jpg
[/URL]

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Feel a bit ashamed after reading all the other posts, I haven't done anything on my winter to-do list.

I did take her out this morning for the 1st drive of the year. Roads here haven't weathered the past winter all that well.
Still felt great to be out driving again![/IMG][/URL]

Your coupe looks fantastic! The roads really took a beating this year, that's for sure. Up here in Maine I have yet to get Athena out.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I lived vicariously through others. Went for a ride in Chris Macha's car, saw the beautiful parts that will next year be Mike Burger's Nachtblau CSI, looked at Tom's CSL and Gary's new FI engine.
The only upside to business travel! Coupe guys are everywhere!

wazza.csi

Reaction score
I thought about it!

Sitting alone in its storage unit 7000 Miles away!! Maybe another 4 months I will visit her again!!

loloe13

Reaction score
Change the wheels back to close lug Alpinas.

Bought new speakers to replace crumbling old ones, not easy finding new speakers that are shallow enough to fit into the front footwell panels. The old speakers were falling apart while I showed the car shop guy, quite hilarious.

Jellobmw

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations nosmonkey. Now get her out there and enjoy the ride.

Sitting 27 years? Amazing. And that's only one year less than what I've owned mine.

Jeff

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations nosmonkey. Now get her out there and enjoy the ride.

Sitting 27 years? Amazing. And that's only one year less than what I've owned mine.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, but it's going to be a while before I get to enjoy driving her! It's had several resprays in the 14 years it was on the road, so there shall be countless horrors which will await me I am sure!

Ahmet

Tom P

Reaction score
Tii brake booster overhauled and ready to go back in. Thanks to SF Don for the referral to power brake exchange in a prior posting! Fast quality work.