What did you do to your E9 today?

Tundra

Reaction score
I filled up the gas tank and waived to everyone who gave me a thumbs up as I drove it to the gas station and back home.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Installed front and rear glass on the Bav today. 2 in a row is a tuff job by yourself but not impossible.

Progress.

Attachments

• P1030130 (1024x683).jpg
    P1030130 (1024x683).jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 246
  • P1030133 (1024x683).jpg
    P1030133 (1024x683).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 247
  • P1030155 (1024x683).jpg
    P1030155 (1024x683).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 236

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew, thanks for posting those shots I now know it exists. And she looks flawless, I hope to see her in person soon! WOW!!

Bwana

Reaction score
I finished my brake booster rebuild and also installed a new gasket on the passenger side door. WAAAAY tight, have to slam it to close but it should conform soon.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Got word Athena should be home next week.

VSR, is great, they addressed my entire to do list and found a few things that needed attention, namely an ignition switch and front control rod bushings.

I truly feel they have gone above and beyond to make my car the best it can be.

I cannot say enough good or heap enough praise on VSR.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We are all a bunch of sheep eager to please these aging divas, me and my spleen have had it.

Ask not what you have done for your E9, ask what your E9 can do for you!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Athena is back from VSR with a 5-speed, new Euro headlights with city lights, repainted hood, new ignition switch, Lokari fender liners, reinforced rear shock towers and assorted other new parts. She looks better than ever.

VSR never ceases to amaze me with their quality and attention to detail.

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Heard back today from my engine guy that my block, crank, rods and pistons are all crack free and good to use for my new engine.
M30b32 bored to take Marle forged pistons, takes it out to 3430cc (same as a standard M30b35)
Meanwhile, while this is happening I have been putting together my new intake manifold with new modern Bosch electronics, injectors, throttle body etc, will be using a hybrid Megasquirt EFI unit.
I'm going to fit this new EFI system to my current engine that's in the car first to make it all work before fitting to the new engine.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Car yoga

Replaced my speedo cable. Not fun.

Following up on this, I'm struggling with the grommet that protects the cable through the firewall. I put the cable in and assumed I would be able to finagle the grommet into place but have wasted and hour fighting the wiring/cable/pedals etc with no luck. Should the grommet go in first and then push the cable end through it. I assumed the end that goes into the tranny wouldn't push through but maybe yes with lots of lube?

Anyone done this?

Last edited:

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
I haven't done it on a Coupe, but my TR8 was a total pain in the butt. I ended up seating the grommet where it came through, lubed the cable with conduit lube, and pulled the cable through the grommet.

Swobber

Reaction score
Get the grommet onto the cable first, then insert cable through firewall, lube the grommet and get it into place :)

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mounted the flag mirror to replace the useless trapezoid.

Installed the locking gas cap.

Played around with changing the stock steering wheel with the 380mm Petri. On the fence with the Petri. I like that stock wheel, I'll have to wait until the roads are clear to drive with the Petri installed to see how I like it.

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0448.jpg
    IMG_0448.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 268

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drove mine :)

Despite the fact that I still have to put the interior chrome headliner trim in and the radiator I had recored is leaking a little and my brights turn on when I use the left blinker and it's dirty and the inspection sticker is 2 years out of date and I have a little gas (raw) smell floating around from somewhere I don't know and it has been raining off-and-on and I have to put that extra bead of sealant on the front cover to stop the occasional oil drip, I still managed to rack up a little less than 100 miles this week going to and from work and around town.

It is still a treasure- like that high maintenance girlfriend who just can't be kept perfectly happy- or turn-key!

mr bump

Reaction score
Put another power steering belt on as it seems my car like to streeeetch them for a hobby! Im replacing it every 200 miles or so.
then warmed the old boy up and enthusiasticly put it through it paces. With a 3.09 diff ratio and a 5 speed dogleg box, the thing still lights the tyres up going into 3rd!
Next week will be all fluid change time, ....lovley job.:-(

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Put on the BBS RS wheels. Really changes the way she looks.

Attachments

• RS on Athena.jpg
    RS on Athena.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 247
  • RS Rear view.jpg
    RS Rear view.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 239

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are your pulleys aligned?

Put another power steering belt on as it seems my car like to streeeetch them for a hobby! Im replacing it every 200 miles or so.
then warmed the old boy up and enthusiasticly put it through it paces. With a 3.09 diff ratio and a 5 speed dogleg box, the thing still lights the tyres up going into 3rd!
Next week will be all fluid change time, ....lovley job.:-(

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i pondered if it was too icy to chance it..
Serious E9 withdrawal, i will need to go to California and ride in the HBChris-mobile....