What did you do to your E9 today?

TodB

Reaction score
Checked my oil this morning and noted that I did not burn a drop over the 1,300 miles going back, forth and around to Asheville. Life is good.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I didn't do it in my e9, but in the e31. MET A LOT OF GREAT e9 owners whom I've only known via this Forum and the internet for the past 2 years since I bought Lorelei. I now have faces, voices, and their beautiful cars to go with their Avatars. Now, all I have to do is find the filing cabinet in my old brain where I put their Forum Logo and their actual name. THAT is going to be an interesting task!

THANKS TO ALL of you who spent your valuable time talking with me at this great gathering of Munich's finest product (well some might say their beer ain't bad either!!!).

Guten Tag,

Gary

Philippe db

Reaction score
Installed my fuel anti-return valve today. From now on star ship Enterprise like starting procedures also after longer periodes of inactivity.:)

Attachments

• IMG_1939.JPG
    IMG_1939.JPG
    645.4 KB · Views: 244

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Installed my fuel anti-return valve today.

I've put these on several 2002s with very good results. I install them near the fuel tank though; this allows the entire length of fuel line to remain full of fuel at startup. Theoretically, the fuel should not drain back to the tank if all the clamps and connections are tight, but theory and reality seldom agree...

Ed

Philippe db

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Ed. Followed DQ's advise on how and where to install it but what you write for sure makes sense as well.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks to "der maestro" DeQuincy, I now have the Bert P fire extinguisher installed in the coupe.
A very elegant and simple installation. Ready for action should the unthinkable occur!

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I enrolled in a weber carb linkage 101 class from professor Stevehose up at the at Vintage and sure enough he found some loose connections and gave me some homework. Just tighted everything up and cleaned the plugs. While it ran fine at idle the first carb was a little out of sync at it would backfire at around 60 mph so the first 2 plugs where starting to foul on the drive home. Thanks Steve.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just have a weak spot for period car stickers. Here is a replica I was able to pick up celebrating BMW 5th 24 hours of Francorchamps victory in 1974. Probably Belgian reading "BMW Durability first".

Attachments

• IMG_6065.JPG
    IMG_6065.JPG
    446.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_6069.JPG
    IMG_6069.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 173

OKilligan

Reaction score
Here are some pictures. Close but not quite.

Are you UK based, I'm driving to UK in September with my e9, first to Bury S:t Edmund and after that down to Goodwood.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk