What did you do to your E9 today?

OKilligan

Reaction score
c51391609bee9b4479ee7e748a008f7b.jpg

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
THis past weekend I dropped the coupe off at a local dealership that is going to use it as a display for the summer. As the e9ers in New England know, I do not enjoy cleaning (I'll keep it in good shape, but I won't spend endless hours detailing) Well, I did my best for this and I think it turned out ok. I stopped by today during lunch and took a quick photo:

Dohn

Reaction score
THis past weekend I dropped the coupe off at a local dealership that is going to use it as a display for the summer. As the e9ers in New England know, I do not enjoy cleaning (I'll keep it in good shape, but I won't spend endless hours detailing) Well, I did my best for this and I think it turned out ok. I stopped by today during lunch and took a quick photo:
You're giving up the car for the driving months? Wow, they must be good friends. The car looks fantastic!

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
You're giving up the car for the driving months? Wow, they must be good friends. The car looks fantastic!

Hi Dohn,
It wasn't an easy decision to put it there (and winter would have made more sense), but I'm gearing up for some construction on the garage. It's explained here:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345587
The family that runs the dealership are friends of a friend, so we're doing each other favors. On the good side, the e9 out of the picture will allow me to pay more attention to the project 528i.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mako, car looks amazing. What happened to the auxiliary lights? Thought it was a different car with out them.

Thanks! Now that we're not living out in the middle of the woods with a bunch of suicidal animals, I took them off - Trying the clean look for a while. I was thinking of reinstalling the original seats, too.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Dohn,
It wasn't an easy decision to put it there (and winter would have made more sense), but I'm gearing up for some construction on the garage. It's explained here:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345587

Really interesting thread there. I really like what you have done to your house. Congratulations.

On a side note, that forum made me appreciate once again how great this one is by comparison. These incredibly invasive ads plus the god awful click baits at the bottom are beyond tacky! Thank you Dan and JJ once again.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very cool! Your car looks incredible. Kuni BMW had my coupe and my friends euro six on display last year for a wine tasting event celebrating the 100th anniversary. Thankfully, they only had it for one night.
kuni6.JPG

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Vince,
My coupe was actually delivered to Kuni.
Sadly they do not have records going back to 1973 (at least that is what they told me)
The sunroof booklet that came with the car said Kerr Grain Corp C/O Kuni Cadillac BMW
Stan

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No, years ago I found a Munich plate that still has it's registration stickers stacked on it, the most recent being 1977. Hard to find the plates with the stickers because you're supposed to scratch them off when the plate comes out of service. I use it to cover a bumper scratch, and I think it looks cool lol. I have a couple vintage plates I rotate depending on mood. Louisiana is a no front plate state.

That looks awesome Steve!

So you have the original plate that came with this car?