E3's for sale in Southern California

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
https://www.pcarmarket.com/search/?q=bmw+bavaria For $25K this seems like the way to go...pretty nice looking. Most of the heavy lifting has been done. The Metric Mechanics motors and trans have a good reputation and there is no way you can duplicate this car for that price right now. This is what I meant by get the best one you can, then do your own tweaks. The engine bay itself needs some cleaning up but would make for a good project IMHO.

It does look like some NY rust has crept in...it's still in auction so who knows, maybe you will get it a lot cheaper?

Last edited:

jmackro

Reaction score
The burgundy NY E3 one could be a deal, yes. But the blacked-out chrome would be the first thing that I would change. I thought that had gone out of style 25 years ago.

NFK

Site Donor
Reaction score
The burgundy NY E3 one could be a deal, yes. But the blacked-out chrome would be the first thing that I would change. I thought that had gone out of style 25 years ago.
maybe it was blacked-out 25 years ago

chart75

Reaction score
The burgundy NY E3 was RNM with the high bid short of $14K. It now has a BIN of $25K. The FB ad for the same car has it listed for $22K, so there is probably some room to negotiate if someone is interested. I wonder how extensive the rust is under the hood?

rblongboarder

Reaction score
1974 Automatic E3 (VIN #3281865):

This one is still listed:

Found this while looking for parts for my restoration...

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is the "L" a scam? That price is a third of what a car that looks like that would sell for. If legit I am ready to press the paypal button.

Steve

Larry Louton

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wish I knew someone in Greece that would look at it for you. The ad is a year old. Couldn’t hurt to ask. Shipping costs and paperwork would add $5,000.00 to total price.

Larry Louton

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Larry Louton I think it's a scam. I do know people in Athens but they aren't friend's, they are people I work with. If you'd pay them to check it out let me know and I'll and I'll reach out to them.

rblongboarder

Reaction score
Here's a nice '72 E3 for sale in Roseville, CA:

chart75

Reaction score
Fresh repaint maybe? The front grill doesn't seem to fit correctly, and the hood emblem is missing as well. Is that overspray on the rear side marker (pic 19)?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fresh repaint maybe? The front grill doesn't seem to fit correctly, and the hood emblem is missing as well. Is that overspray on the rear side marker (pic 19)?
Probably a fresh respray on the outside panels but I think the side markers are just faded plastic.

Looks good on first impression, but remarkably uninformative ad.
If you go to their website there's more photos. Not much description but they show everything but the underside. Not all that impressed but it's a dealer flipping it.

jmackro

Reaction score
"Garage kept"???? Maybe over the past few months, but the sun-faded RR reflector, rusted wheels and water stained paint suggest time spent outdoors.

Still, at $5K, it is priced to sell.

00Y0Y_8fAUEcfER5c_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg