Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Further to Pete's comments, I think Richard revealed himself in his responses to Mike - "Are we to admire you for your current or past cars?" and to Robert - "Ok to the car [guy] with two self-classified #3 cars." In both cases, the comments indicate that the value of a person varies depending on their cars. For someone with such a worldview, pointing out negatives on their car is tantamount to attacking them personally.

And Richard, if this is how you assess people, consider the following as you assess Pete's comments. This is a picture I took of Pete in 2016 on the lawn at Pebble Beach. Pete is the guy with the blue hat, and that is his car with the ribbon on it. Surely, this proves Pete is a God and you must respect what he has to say.

View attachment 123019
Who is Pete?

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I see this thread has been edited and retitled "1973." I would now like to offer only positive observations about "1973":
- Miami Dolphins' perfect season
- Dark Side of the Moon
- The Godfather wins Best Picture
- Skylab is launched
- Spiro Agnew resigns
- Kristen Wiig is born
- "Let's Get it On"

What else...?
Ever notice that almost all of the Coupes for sale are 1973 vintage? And both yours and mine are...1973.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Richard's best post was when he stopped his account. When I drove his car 2 years ago,it was not safe to drive over 40 MPH. He said he never revved it up over 3000 RPM and the brakes pulled to the left severely at any speed.
To his credit, much was done to correct the biggest flaws. He has a $60K car after an additional $30K worth of work.
If anyone buys this car in his latest auction w/o a PPI, they will need to spend the $30K.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Richard is a long time coupe owner and is very proud of his car. It looks like he's tried to take care of it and has invested a lot of time and money over the years. I also think it's a natural human response to take criticism about your car personally. Everyone's reaction is different, but in the end I think Richard is a good guy and we all know he has a good car, the rest is just words.

BavarianCream

Site Donor $
Reaction score
fyi "IYEWADOAQ" is an Ancient Greek word long forgotten but mostly used by the upper class to describe hidden rust on the fenders of old chariots being sold at market to unsuspecting peasants. In the Odyssey Homer describes it as a real "Dick Move" after seeing the wheels buckle in turns and the poor occupants either crushed beneath the wreckage or left penniless and unable to pay for repairs.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That was funny, it reminded me of some of the comments and people from vintage911coupe.com. They would get pretty "lively" over there. Don't get that much here.....but good entertainment for sure. Too bad, it would be a good coupe to pick up at about half the price of what he was looking for. It does sound like it is time for a new "Caretaker!"

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can’t keep up with all the auction sites. I think even Dollar General has online collector car auctions now. I was already familiar with this one from an E28 sale that didn’t sell and later sold on BaT. I can’t imagine any if the other sites giving the exposure BaT does (at least at the current time) and especially after a failed BaT listing realizing a higher number.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I see nothing but optimism with project cars. I have posted a video highlighting all of the skeleton’s in my e9’s rusty closet.

I take exception to the continued misrepresentation of this project car/driver. I’m sure that @Roman596061 (and/or @Intrepid596061) is a great person, and friend to many.

I will say without hesitation that he is not being honest in his ad. I’ll take the criticism for being negative all day. It is a fact that this car is in no way shape or form “Excellent”.

106D5DA6-C5D0-4076-BB7C-2A0751EC4C01.jpeg

CSL177

Site Donor $
Reaction score

From the ad: The car has won in eight concour events.

Yeah, and I'm the Sultan of Brun-freakin'-i. I'm really tired of this seller's BS and everyone trying to find the positive in his sales pitch. If the chassis repair was done properly, why the F! wasn't the rest? The interior and engine bay are frightful and if Mr. Concours judge had ANY hand in it, he's disqualified. Others have suggested that this example is simply $30K away from nirvana are deluding themselves. Best E9 I ever saw was Cary Iida's Alpina CSL, and even HE had doubts about some details. This car is PARSEC'S from that.

The car potentially has some good bones, but the reality is MOST of it has to be re-done to approach E9 bliss. Rare color and interior combo? Check. Batshit seller? Check.

There are more compelling examples to be had, and you won't have to deal with Mr. Concours Judge. The fact that there's paint on the fu#%&ing carbs says it all.

And the dash and instrument shots? Jesus help me.

Mic drop. Out.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well i've been away for awhile ... been extremely busy for the last couple of months with a design project. this thread was at the top of the list (most recent) ... wow, what a thread to read first. as a positive comment, if this is a #2 to #3 example, most of us have #1 examples ... even unfinished they are better.

hat's off to everyone who tried to find a positive comment or politely point out the issues. i would have had to sit back and say nothing.
anyway i have a lot to catch up on. at least i have a smile on my face