sfdon

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing photos of the “positives” of your car- I will never forget them.

6252E5C2-ADEE-4890-B199-6CE81D3BA7B6.jpeg

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
Fix the cosmetics, photo document rust prone areas and you might have a >$100k car.
[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly. The bones of this car look solid, but to the trained eye, the details let it down and on BAT or this forum those things get amplified and begin to spiral.

I believe that with a few thousand dollars in the right parts, and a few months of rewarding work (that I’m not capable of doing myself), this car could be accepted as a solid 2 to 3 car and would sell for over $100k in the current market.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
I see the picture of the gold brake rotor. Some prefer that look. Some prefer the original finishes with Ate bleeder caps on the calipers which means some people are different.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Roman596061 I would like to add that being a CCA judge and using that in your advertising is misleading and in my opinion abusive of the title. Using the title when advertising your own car misleads people in assuming that because you are a CCA judge that your car is a cut above. You may disagree with my point; but I’ve never used my title as a CCA judge on any ad for cars that I have sold.

sfdon

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Please tell us that you will or have reconnected the wiring for the brake warning system.
Disconnecting the oil, alternator or brake warning wires so that those annoying lights don’t bother you in the dash is not the work of a gentleman.

Attachments

• 745A1595-B2B4-428B-AC2F-8ADDC5AF6BF3.jpeg
    745A1595-B2B4-428B-AC2F-8ADDC5AF6BF3.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 169

Roman596061

Reaction score
@Roman596061 I would like to add that being a CCA judge and using that in your advertising is misleading and in my opinion abusive of the title. Using the title when advertising your own car misleads people in assuming that because you are a CCA judge that your car is a cut above. You may disagree with my point; but I’ve never used my title as a CCA judge on any ad for cars that I have sold.
OCCcoupe

I was a concours judge in the BMW and Mercedes CCA's in DC/MD/VA for a dozen years.

Not bragging or claiming anything.

I don't believe said statement was in my ad, as my ad is about my car and not me.

If it is, I'll remove it.

Thanks for your comment.

Richard

Roman596061

Reaction score
Please tell us that you will or have reconnected the wiring for the brake warning system.
Disconnecting the oil, alternator or brake warning wires so that those annoying lights don’t bother you in the dash is not the work of a gentleman.
sfdon?

This was not intentional.

Said wires have been slipping for years and on Saturday, they were wrapped in electrical tape, so they will not disengage again.

Thanks for your good eyes.

Thanks

Richard

Roman596061

Reaction score
I see the picture of the gold brake rotor. Some prefer that look. Some prefer the original finishes with Ate bleeder caps on the calipers which means some people are different.
Strato102:

Said brake rotors and pads are brand new and installed in late 2020 and are displayed as received - they are high-end rotors from cquence.

I could have skipped new brakes, pads, tires, battery, starter, servicing the electronic windows and all of the other improvements/expenses before trying to sell my car but I wouldn't have been comfortable with such.

Richard

Roman596061

Reaction score
A picture of my youngest son got many "FB likes" when my wife posted it. My son promptly explained her that in FB you get many likes even for a picture of your foot fungus...
Arde:

So all of FB likes are worthless, ok.

Do you find any pictures of my car as
Thank you for sharing photos of the “positives” of your car- I will never forget them.

View attachment 122978
Sfdon,

As I started before, I undercoated my wheel wells each spring and sprayed rustoleum to the undercarriage of my now 48 year old car for preservation and not to hide anything, plus I never thought I would be selling it and such would be such a detriment.

Do you like any of my other pictures or are you only seeking to be critical vs. constructive?

I spent last Saturday removing the undercoating so it's fully exposed for the new owner's concern.

Richard

Attachments

• uc1.jpg
    uc1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 130
  • uc2.jpg
    uc2.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 105
  • uc3.jpg
    uc3.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 104
  • uc4.jpg
    uc4.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 105
  • uc5.jpg
    uc5.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 100
  • uc6.jpg
    uc6.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 104
  • ue1.jpg
    ue1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 108
  • ue2.jpg
    ue2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 105
  • uGas_tank.jpg
    uGas_tank.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 110
  • uLift.jpg
    uLift.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 102
  • ur1 - Copy.jpg
    ur1 - Copy.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 109
  • ur1.jpg
    ur1.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 100
  • ur2.jpg
    ur2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 104
  • ur3.jpg
    ur3.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 100
  • urb1.jpg
    urb1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 99
  • urb2.jpg
    urb2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 101
  • uw1.jpg
    uw1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 97
  • uw2.jpg
    uw2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 99
  • uw3.jpg
    uw3.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 98
  • uw4.jpg
    uw4.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 114

Roman596061

Reaction score
Sigh, for some it’s all about likes…
TodB,

Thanks for your non-constructive comment.

If FB likes are irreverent, what do you make of these statements?

Compliments
  • Well, overall it’s nice car in a great color scheme that will make a buyer proud. GLWTAS.
  • Beautiful e9 example. See lots of care taken to bring out the best.
  • Overall this looks like a great car.
  • Beautiful e9 example. See lots of care taken to bring out the best.
  • I like these in just about any color, but this combination hits it out of the park.
  • This beauty looks almost sinister… love it.
  • I like these in just about any color, but this combination hits it out of the park.
  • the front just a tad, then spend plenty of time driving it just about everywhere.
  • E9 Dreams!……If the recent history of sales here on BAT are any indication of potential for a superior condition E9, this one will go over 6 figures.
  • Beautiful CS!
  • The Darth Vader of Bimmer madness. GLWS.
  • Truly a beautiful automobile & GLWTA
  • Well, overall it’s nice car in a great color scheme that will make a buyer proud. GLWTA
  • To me, this is a nice driver with a fresh motor and a whole lot of other nice
  • This is a very striking car. Lots to like and will be a great car to drive. I find a lot to like here.
  • Truly a beautiful automobile & GLWTA.
  • Great stewardship and documentation of the work under your ownership.
  • This certainly appears to be a great 3.0 CS.
  • Hello Intrepid, its a beautiful car!
  • Beautiful Bimmer
  • This certainly appears to be a great 3.0 CS.
  • I have to say that while in Virginia it certainly was a spare no expense on quite a few of those receipts. I am very familiar with most of the shops presented as I was in the auto appraisal business for 50+ years in this general area. The staff at J+F Motors have been known to me since the early 50s as they lived up the hill from me on UhlerAve. The chosen shops for repairs/refurbishment are some of the best. This should certainly make somebody happy as the next caretaker.
Richard

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
sfdon?

This was not intentional.

Said wires have been slipping for years and on Saturday, they were wrapped in electrical tape, so they will not disengage again.

Thanks for your good eyes.

Thanks

Richard

No worries, @sfdon is far beyond a “casual observer” so his observations of glaring oversights don’t could against the Hagerty score. You can probably leave the brake warning light unplugged and the casual observer wouldn’t notice.

You stated that the chrome is “excellent”. I noticed that some of the brightwork may not be considered excellent by some. I wouldn’t pull every chrome bit off the car. However, uou could pick up a set of used flag mirrors in better condition. They can be installed in minutes and new sets aren’t costly. Again just a recommendation to align the car with the stated condition.
D20D3061-0BA5-4BA0-A8E0-21DF4AB3D9B7.jpeg

Roman596061

Reaction score
Well, I am going to stick to my rules, find the positive or say nothing

Let me think how can I be positive about this car, well I suppose I should say "congratulations" for getting somebody to bid $53k on BAT recently for this car, that is amazing and you should be heartedly congratulated, amazing job, well done.

On another positive note, you say you are a concours judge, how very interesting ? I see you also throw Pebble Beach and Amelia Island about as references in your comments, would love to know your experiences in these seriously prestigious events.

Below is the recent BAT posting for anybody who missed it

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-bmw-3-0cs-47/
Pete,

I was a concours judge in DC/MD/VA for the BMW and Mercedes CCA's for over 12 years but such was not in my ad(s).

My points about my references to Pebble Beach and Amelia Island concours events (if you bothered to read the thread) was that no councours judge pulls out the back seats to review the floor boards.

One person, after the auction ended questioned my claim of being a concours judge, as I would have then known to provide pictures of such.

Obviously, the person was never a concours judge, as no said removal or inspection of the back seats ever occurs.

For this group, I pulled the back seats and received a compliment on the status of the untouched floorboards.

Again, you are suppose to be providing constructive comments on my car like many have and not questioning my background but about 30% of the comments on this forum, like you, are 100% naysayers and can only criticize and not comment constructively on any positive element of the car and/or elect to question me.

I'm not for sale, my car is and obviously to no one on this forum.

Richard

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
TodB,

Thanks for your non-constructive comment.

If FB likes are irreverent, what do you make of these comments:

I think that these comments are no different than a thumbs up at the gas station. How many of these commenters have expressed in purchasing?

Relevant comments look like this:
  • Interested! Check your messages!
  • Are you free on Saturday for a PPI?
  • If I put a deposit down can you hold the car until next week?
  • Will you trade the car for my excellent e28 M5?
  • Will you trade the car for my excellent 2002tii?

Roman596061

Reaction score
No worries, @sfdon is far beyond a “casual observer” so his observations of glaring oversights don’t could against the Hagerty score. You can probably leave the brake warning light unplugged and the casual observer wouldn’t notice.

You stated that the chrome is “excellent”. I noticed that some of the brightwork may not be considered excellent by some. I wouldn’t pull every chrome bit off the car. However, uou could pick up a set of used flag mirrors in better condition. They can be installed in minutes and new sets aren’t costly. Again just a recommendation to align the car with the stated condition.
View attachment 123003
Markos,

Again, another person seeing nothing but being critical vs. constructive.

I addressed the brake warning light already, as you obviously didn't read my reply.

Exactly were did I state that the chrome was excellent?

NOWHERE!

Find something constructive to state or say nothing.

Richard

Roman596061

Reaction score
I think that these comments are no different than a thumbs up at the gas station. How many of these commenters have expressed in purchasing?

Relevant comments look like this:
  • Interested! Check your messages!
  • Are you free on Saturday for a PPI?
  • If I put a deposit down can you hold the car until next week?
  • Will you trade the car for my excellent e28 M5?
  • Will you trade the car for my excellent 2002tii?
Markos,

You obviously way too much time to spend on this forum being non-constructive, like the majority of comments, so I won't reply to you any further.

Roman596061

Reaction score
One of the best color combos, and many the highly desired upgrades.

It would be nice to have some compliments vs. picking over a 48 year car, in which I believe I've been a good caretaker.

The comments in this thread look like constructive criticism by experts rather than unsubstantiated bashing. IOW, people here mean you well when they tell you how to raise the value of your car.

Me? I’ll take constructive criticism every time over someone admiring my attire but not telling me my fly is open.

To reiterate what others have said: the overall presentation of the car gives the impression of very sloppy workmanship. The bones may be great, but the finishes spoil the overall effect.

And there are compliments in these posts … if you chose to see them.

GLWTS
John
Bfeng,

If you review most of today's comments, they are bashing me or very specifics of my car and are not providing any constructive comments, so such will be ignored.

Regretfully, very few comments are compliments.

Any constructive comments are appreciated and will be explored.

Thanks

Richard