What did you do to your E9 today?

Ulrich 3.0 CSA

Reaction score
In the car. Leather wrapping is next step
7EE6EB40-B930-4C06-9275-673458C25D7D.jpeg

Fritzie

Reaction score
Detect a crack in the cast iron differential. Tried to grind it out. Maybe it’s a little bit too deep.

Attachments

• IMG_8512.jpeg
    IMG_8512.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 86

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I went to a BMW C&C event in Boca Raton Sunday. Here's a pic of the classic lineup--'73 Taiga 2002Tii with full restoration, '68 1600GT restored by Oldzendal, '73 Turkis 3.0CS, Alpina Z1.
There are 3 Alpina Z1 in the US out of 66 made. 2 of them are here in South Florida.

Attachments

• IMG_6320.jpg
    IMG_6320.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6326.jpg
    IMG_6326.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 77

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The upper radiator support needed painting and new yellow lag screws. This is not @Stevehose quality, but it will have to do for the Motorcar Cavalcade event on Feb 4th. The 3rd pic is before with the blue ground wire for the 123 dizzy behind a stainless screw on the core support. That wire is now under the radiator support a little out of sight. None of these is noticed when you are Turkis.....:)

Attachments

• IMG_6256.jpg
    IMG_6256.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6257.jpg
    IMG_6257.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6135.jpg
    IMG_6135.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I went to a BMW C&C event in Boca Raton Sunday. Here's a pic of the classic lineup--'73 Taiga 2002Tii with full restoration, '68 1600GT restored by Oldzendal, '73 Turkis 3.0CS, Alpina Z1.
There are 3 Alpina Z1 in the US out of 66 made. 2 of them are here in South Florida.
The 1600GT sitting between the 02 and the E9 gives a nice perspective as to its size. I don't think I've ever seen one in person. The Z1 looks bigger than I expected. I have seen a few of those in the wild, but never next to an E9.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Metal work has been done for a long time. there was no rust remediation. just paint prep ... they do a ton of Porsche work and that pays much better.

Last edited:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hummm…
thrilled to read that the most important comment on my post and pics is If my car is a he or a she…v.a.t.p.c.m.

You know I love your execution and attention to detail. Great contrast of the bright leather and the blue.

I think some / most members aren't here every 24hrs.

What's "v.a.t.p.c.m"? Latin? (Google couldn't help me with this one)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beautiful car DQ, perfection. The colors, the Petri, the manual windows.
VATPCM is a call to pick the lesser evil between Value Added Tax and Political Correct Madness.

I pick VAT.

Johan_CS2800

Site Donor
Reaction score
Today I did a bit more rust-investigation. So far not too bad, mostly surface-rust. I guess quarterpanels and sills were to be expected with these cars.
They say italian cars rust while you look at it. My ‘71 Fulvia is in much better shape than this E9…
Anyway, it’s a nice adventure!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Today I did a bit more rust-investigation. So far not too bad, mostly surface-rust. I guess quarterpanels and sills were to be expected with these cars.
They say italian cars rust while you look at it. My ‘71 Fulvia is in much better shape than this E9…
Anyway, it’s a nice adventure!
Italian cars rust in the magazine pictures...

But my 74 Fulvia is perfect, presumably depends on where it Italy it lived.