What did you do to your E9 today?

Ulrich 3.0 CSA

Reaction score
First mount to car
D21552C4-EE0E-4CAB-819C-B819A876ECCD.jpeg

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The odometer turned 20K miles on the Korman engine,so time to rotate the tires and change the oil & filter.
I rotate the 16"X7" BBS wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 tires by moving the rears forward and cris-crossing the fronts to the opposite rears every 5K miles. This prevents cupping. The wheels were cleaned inside and out and the rims were polished in preparation for the Motorcar Cavalcade in Miami last Saturday & Sunday.
The VR1 20W50 oil is blue synthetic and there have been no problems in the last 7.5K miles in 18 months. It has been changed about every 3500 miles.
One of the BBS center caps had a gap that looked like it might come off. The wheels and caps are 1983 vintage,so you know those caps are NLA. JB AutoWeld is a new to me product that worked great to secure the cap for another 41 years.

Attachments

• IMG_6451.jpg
    IMG_6451.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6452.jpg
    IMG_6452.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6453.jpg
    IMG_6453.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 61

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just got back from the BMWCCCA Florida Winter Meet 2024 (a 2 day drive around north/central Florida). This year it was joint event with the P guys and their annual Gator Crawl.

We stopped by the local BMW dealership and caused a commotion. Dirk drove his rally 2002, Don drove his stunning 2002 Bauer, while Drew and I drove our coupes.

3C91578C-12B0-4373-90E3-1778D6060FF5.jpeg
2BCF3B3A-7297-4D05-A811-803C4C710B59.jpeg

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did some work on the taillights. As I saw in another thread, my reflectors were also not in the least reflective, so painted part of them with Chrome like paint and covered some of the reflectors in aluminum tape. Started a test area for refinishing the plastic on the tail light housing. So far have used 3M sponge abrasive wet sanding in 3 coarsenesses, followed by Meguiars plastic polish. Will use a Cerakote wipe on them once done. Bit more fidling to do on these.

Attachments

• IMG_1949.jpeg
    IMG_1949.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1944.jpeg
    IMG_1944.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1965.jpeg
    IMG_1965.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 66

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just got back from the BMWCCCA Florida Winter Meet 2024 (a 2 day drive around north/central Florida). This year it was joint event with the P guys and their annual Gator Crawl.

We stopped by the local BMW dealership and caused a commotion. Dirk drove his rally 2002, Don drove his stunning 2002 Bauer, while Drew and I drove our coupes.

View attachment 176956View attachment 176957
I was at Taylor BMW in Augusta, GA last month for a meeting with the local CCA group. Both the mechanics on duty (it was Saturday) came out and struck up a conversation on my car. Neither of them had ever seen a coupe in the wild.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did some work on the taillights. As I saw in another thread, my reflectors were also not in the least reflective, so painted part of them with Chrome like paint and covered some of the reflectors in aluminum tape. Started a test area for refinishing the plastic on the tail light housing. So far have used 3M sponge abrasive wet sanding in 3 coarsenesses, followed by Meguiars plastic polish. Will use a Cerakote wipe on them once done. Bit more fidling to do on these.
Well done with the Aluminum tape! Thanks for resurrecting this from the older thread archives. Should make this part of the FAQ DIY section.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was at Taylor BMW in Augusta, GA last month for a meeting with the local CCA group. Both the mechanics on duty (it was Saturday) came out and struck up a conversation on my car. Neither of them had ever seen a coupe in the wild.
Well I have to admit I also did a little drooling over the M8 Competition in their showroom.

The best part though was that the coupe ran fine and I didn’t need to visit the parts department and have the obligatory “conversation” on how they won’t find the VIN in their computer.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Think about selling nude pics from my e9 to refinance the project.

Here a censored pic.
How I could include a sponsor button here?

nudity, blasphemus lenguaje, substances,....all delivering the closure of the site to minors under a +18 sign
shame on germans !
all was fritz and hans
a sad day for us
;-)

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
In still wondering if that is honest or a kidding.
I don't want to bother anybody with my post.
Was just happy that im ready for primer and will make a joke with that.

If that is a bad spelling in any way, please delete my post.....

Breiti
It is a joke
mentioning nudity and showing a censored pic might look suspicious
i Was affected too, youtube censored one of my videos because it was a fluid suction at regular pulses

lets explain this a bit
Capturing humor is a blessing, it is not always possible, but in your case @Breiti you have been influenced by external circumstances, so it was not easy for you.

We all know that social media discriminates against a nipple versus a shot in the head, so mentioning nudity or nipples (as in my marchal lights) has always given me a chill.

That this was started one day by Fritz and Hans when after a hard day of work they completed the first e9 can lead us to think that it was the Germans who started our shame (shame in actual nowadays terms is figurative)

We have always secretly adored those Germans who are the cause of our enjoyment, although we are cautious so that social networks do not exclude us with their Manichean sense of good and bad.

Having to explain this is more pathetic than I expected, but when a fool throws a stone into the sky no one knows who it will fall to...

blessed are those who are blessed

Last edited:

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
missE will be getting nude soon also. She first had to have a bit of work done, reflector delete. Let me know if you have any luck selling pictures, the list of things I need grows everyday and I could use a few more$$

Attachments

• HEIF Image.jpeg
    HEIF Image.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 48