What did you do to your E9 today?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks great!
OK, so I put the E3 armrest in the E9. My car has Recaro seats and width between the seats is 18 cm. E3 Armrest is 15,5 cm width. I think it works and looks ok even if the middle armrest is pushed back. See fotos. Maybe a bit massive? Even the leather fits nearly. Main problem : it is too low about 6 cm and I have to think about the fixing problem which is a even bigger problem when I have to lift the armrest about 6 cm. And I have to drill holes in the E9 body 100%. Also I can´t use and see the back ashtray anymore (ok it is not allowed to use it also) :(

View attachment 175012View attachment 175013View attachment 175014View attachment 175015View attachment 175016
looks great. thanks for posting them - gives me a few ideas

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Went drive....cold and dry....

20240112_162400.jpg

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
@adawil2002 ...... @Dick Steinkamp ......... @rsporsche and others .......Ok gents, on the 3.3li - I have tried to get as much as I can and hope pictures turn out - see below for comments and let me know if you need anything else

Pete

width between seats
IMG_2307.jpeg

Underside, looking back from hand brake - wood structure with metal for sliding mechanism is roof of cubby hole
IMG_2317.jpeg

armrest extended fully forward sitting on back seat
IMG_2311.jpeg

Actually decent structure down to floor in rear and sliding mechanism can be seen here - sitting in rear seat
IMG_2313.jpeg

Under armrest at front again behind hand brake
IMG_2316.jpeg

armrest all the way back - meets rear seat perfectly
IMG_2315.jpeg

Width of armrest

IMG_2308.jpeg

The full length of everything on the armrest is 18 1/2 inches

IMG_2319.jpeg

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The best cup holder for a coupe, Bavaria or 2002. Two of my buddies saw mine and bought them for their classics.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Re: 2024 Art Deco Weekend Classic Car Fest - January 13th

Car show on Ocean Drive in Miami Beach.
Drew just won an award.View attachment 175127View attachment 175128

The participants and spectators at all of the events you both go to have no idea how lucky they are to see two great examples of BMW's best looking car in two of the rarest colors.

Jellobmw

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nothing happening lately, as the car’s in storage for the winter. I do have a list of projects for when I get it out in the spring…..

But here’s a photo from the restoration 33 years ago. Dog is long passed, I’ve moved three times since, and the pants would no longer fit even if I still had them.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpeg
    IMG_0325.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 66

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nothing happening lately, as the car’s in storage for the winter. I do have a list of projects for when I get it out in the spring…..

But here’s a photo from the restoration 33 years ago. Dog is long passed, I’ve moved three times since, and the pants would no longer fit even if I still had them.
Good looking dog. My yellow lab would also be right on top of me any time I got down on the floor.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Opened up my Hishman antennae. Can't believe how heavy it is. WIth Jumpers, I managed to get it to retract, but not deploy. I hear a click at a relay and everything looks OK. If I just reverse the wires to the motor it works fine. There was some corrosion inside. I lubed the gear with Honda S100 window track Grease and lubed the shaft and reel with silicon spray. If I can't figure it out, maybe I'll just run a switch to the motors. As for the mounting, it was just hanging off the back fender. I think I will make a small block to support it from below as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1789.jpeg
    IMG_1789.jpeg
    385.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
8 inches of snow yesterday in the Perpetual Winterlands of Maine.
Leo is in his element & stays outside for hours, it's too hot in the house.
Honey is the polar opposite & has almost caught on fire laying too close to the fire screen.
We adopted Honey when Cindy's mom passed away.
Should we start a ca-e9 (canine) & feel-e9 (feline) post thread?

IMG_1612.jpeg
IMG_1577.jpeg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good question. While there is room for a car there, right inner space is workbench, tools, desk, and parts staging.