What did you do to your E9 today?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice. Perhaps when one repaints, the shop should add the French word "née" after the color code, and then stamp the repaint color...
they sell punch set only numbers, alphabet might come too expensive, you can create a punch with the three letters for this purpose, also acronyms, like TLDDEC (te lo dije deja el cafe)

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Stan, have you considered the black decal behind the side grills? I think it would be a great addition. I think Carl Nelson sells them.
i second that, th black vynil behind creates an illusion of a venting hole that looks very sportive

EDIT @Stan is right, the decals are there, but the light makes them invisible

Last edited:

day66

Reaction score
Went out for a 50 mile test drive today, and also road tested the "new/revised" seat installation. To me at least, a marked improvement over the original seats (apart from losing the old-school aesthetic charm).

I do have an oil leak to fix now though (diff), and the ride height is too high (the original springs went back on and I removed the 20mm spacer from the front strut), so that's going to need some investigation/changes too.

Attachments

• SDC15050.JPG
    SDC15050.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 73

BarneyT

Site Donor
Reaction score
Many thanks
IMG_7583.jpeg
IMG_7579.jpeg
IMG_7575.jpeg
IMG_7581.jpeg
to Don Lawrence and his main man Ed… we rolled 1600 miles in the last three days in the coupe we are in Roswell, New Mexico tonight should make it back to Leander tomorrow afternoon… the coupe is running like a champ. We cruised 85 in fifth gear for hours today.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cleaning up the trunk and installed the new inner fender liners. Since nothing matched I painted all components with SEM Paint. I have one issue causing me to get longer screws so I can use spacers for the stops. If I don't use spacers, the inner fender liners get all distorted. Has anyone run into this?

1695069359257.png
1695069407493.png

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally completed exhaust manifold gasket replacement. Got a little carried away when I saw the excellent results Stevehose had with painting the original cast iron manifolds with that POR-15 High Heat manifold grey. So lots of prep and ordering new copper nuts, and replacing broken stud and so on. Took way longer than I imagined, but in a 51 year old car, it is to be expected. I believe I had an exhaust leak for some time. I have tuned the crap out of this car, even finally getting the Weber 32/36s to work in synchrony. But that even, smooth idle still eluded me. I was close, but was looking for better. I can now report, the exercise was a success. Not only quieter, but engine idles so smoothly I can hear the Webers inhaling the air they want, the familiar M30 valve dance, the absence of the tick tick tick of exhaust escaping before the downpipes. Best it has ever been! ;)
IMG_7078.jpeg

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
That is smart!
i've often resorted into just laying the tools on the aircleaner, but if all is looking so immaculate as this, then that is for sure not an option!
i have done that many times, using a thick towel, but this invention is good, a piece of wood; four SS chains hanging from ceiling; four hooks to help height adjustment, a 3 meter line of LED lights (probably you saw that there is light coming from the bottom of the table; you can see reflection in the windscreen) ; and a lateral fixing point to remove from the vertical and put it apart when not in use...

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
i have done that many times, using a thick towel, but this invention is good, a piece of wood; four SS chains hanging from ceiling; four hooks to help height adjustment, a 3 meter line of LED lights (probably you saw that there is light coming from the bottom of the table; you can see reflection in the windscreen) ; and a lateral fixing point to remove from the vertical and put it apart when not in use...
I mainly use the trough at the base of the windshield for tools and the blower motor cover for multimeters, etc. Sometimes the headlight covers too. The main problem with the last two locations (besides potential paint damage) is that it's easy to forget something is there and close the hood on it.

How are you powering the LED lights? That feature is genius!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I mainly use the trough at the base of the windshield for tools and the blower motor cover for multimeters, etc. Sometimes the headlight covers too. The main problem with the last two locations (besides potential paint damage) is that it's easy to forget something is there and close the hood on it.

How are you powering the LED lights? That feature is genius!
220v AC from the net on ceiling, a transformer to 12v DC
cable runs close to one of the chains