What did you do to your E9 today?

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
i missed an nos set a few years ago. regret. nicad has them also.

You can snatch up the e24 versions on ebay.de. i see them pretty regularly. Not sure what all is involved in the mod to get them to work. I think they are what Paul Cain had on his coupe. They differ from OEM in that the wipers are not grouped on a single stem and that the drive arm runs along the top of the assembly - OEM has a single post stem with dual arm wipers.

I actually have 1/2 of a set that i need to sell now.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E-Skin

The backing to the elephant skin basically decomposed and the e-skin on the sides of the trunk let go. I pulled it off. cleaned the old adhesive off, and re-applied the e-skin... looks good!

coupelady

Reaction score
replaced the plug wires. Talented techs were trying to diagnose why the coupe was running so rough (was very worried during the Vintage). I suspect it has been going on for awhile like over a year. #5 going into the distributor was completed severed but still held into the "socket".

I am one happy person now that "he" can show me a very good time as he likes to. Off to Highlands Motoring Festival tomorrow, getting there is most of the fun as those mountain roads are some of the best up and around Highlands.

I'll be the one with the huge grin on my face!

TodB

Reaction score
Lrp

Duane, Tom (Vbigdog) and I finally made it to Lime Rock with our coupes.

We didn't "do" anything to them other then thrash them around a bit.

Too much fun.

picture.php

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
MSD 6AL2 Ignition

ordered the MSD 6 AL2 box, coil, wires and tach adapter today. Will be installing tomorrow. Its the digital version which is programmable via laptop (pretty excited about that) to allow full spark and advance control.

Will report the results when i get into it.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Walloth and Nesh exhaust installed. 50-50 Exhaust in San Carlos installed it. He had a tip that fit as well.

Replaced this ugly crap

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had my new project delivered last weekend, and yesterday I started stripping it down to a bare shell. Started taking measurements for the S54, and I hope to have a plug-and-play method for others that are interested in doing this.

BTW, I will be using almost none of the existing car other than the body, so if you need anything, let me know! Complete dash is up for grabs (no wood other than speaker grill), it's auto/AC, drivetrain, suspension, brakes, steering, etc.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 169

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Max,

i presume that you are not talking about the interior - if you are, i would be interested in talking to you about door / side panels
scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hi max
i sent a pm to you. am interested in inside trunk panels. thanks

w. chen
74cs
you will find that his trunk panels won't fit inside your trunk if you have a USA '74 ... as the braces for the rear bumpers make the panels shorter. if its a euro '74 ... all is the same with earlier models.

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
Installed MSD plug wires. Got the DIY kit so had to cut crimp and bend all the connections myself. Top notch quality. Took it for a spin and can tell the difference in responsiveness. Idles smoother as well and smells like its burning a bit cleaner. MSD box is next.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drove Athena to the shop, again. Some where on our travels one of the blades broke off the fan, also found the fan clutch was not working properly. These items were replaced 3 years ago. :(

brea

Reaction score
hi max
i sent a pm to you. am interested in inside trunk panels. thanks

w. chen
74cs

I also had been looking for these side panels and could not find good ones so I just used the same elephant like vinyl to recover them.

Attachments

• IMG_1415.jpg
    IMG_1415.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1430.jpg
    IMG_1430.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 185