What are the odds?

Boobouna

Reaction score
View attachment 78972

The entire trip between these two places is 350km and it rained the whole way and I mean rained. Had the wipers on full and lights the whole way. 1km from home the car quit and had to be pushed off the road. Turned out the battery had drained as the voltage regulator couldn't keep up with all the current being drawn down.

Had my mum come and bring us a jumper pack to get us on the road her local BMW garage, which of course was closed!
As I pulled up an oder gentleman seemed to be paying us a lot of attention before wandering over.

"I've got one of those as well."

'WHAT!'

After getting the inside word on where to find a good sparky at 3pm on a Friday arvo he said I'll call you tomorrow and you can come over.

This is what I found:

View attachment 78973View attachment 78974View attachment 78975

Turns out it's an unrestored 74 CSi. Looks to be all original under the bonnet with original carpets and a load of paperwork in the glove box. Has been off the road for some time but I'm told it competed in the first couple of Targa Tasmania's in the early 1990s. I have the Vin but it's not in the registry.

After doing some blockies in my CS he's going to get it back out on the road again.

Wow that’s incredible!!
What was the interior like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wes

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow that’s incredible!!
What was the interior like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apart from a later BMW steering wheel. I'd say the whole thing was original. Still had the two tone loop original carpet. Also the original engine bay stickers and sound deadening.