Very nice, very expensive

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know this car and seller, not me, it's stunning in person.

jmackro

Reaction score
Ooh, check out that custom oil temp/press gauge:

58493688-770-0@2X.jpg

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I guess it's nice to know that others feel these cars are worth sinking a small fortune into. That car is slick and who knows, maybe one day 120K will seem like spare change for these cars. I had mine parked in the warehouse today and walking by it I am still amazed how really beautiful and truly timeless they appear. I think the minor stance enhancements (CN springs, Bilsteins, Camber front and rear and 225's on 16 inch Alpinas) bring a little modernity to the overall package but bone stock is breathless as well, kind of like Michelle Pfeiffer sans make-up, still "timeless". Please no one ruin my fantasy!

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
$200k in upgrades...well the last time I spent $200K was..well...never. Yikes, that is an awful lot of $$$, but it sure is nice to look at this one. Probably shouldn't touch anything though. Wonder where it will end up.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think its a pretty coupe ... granatrot is a gorgeous color. yes, there are a few woeful indiscretions - speakers in the door panels, sub in the trunk ... the log injection manifold. but many things are done very, very well. i hear this coupe drives impeccably.

Dohn

Reaction score
Well, I guess it's nice to know that others feel these cars are worth sinking a small fortune into. That car is slick and who knows, maybe one day 120K will seem like spare change for these cars. I had mine parked in the warehouse today and walking by it I am still amazed how really beautiful and truly timeless they appear. I think the minor stance enhancements (CN springs, Bilsteins, Camber front and rear and 225's on 16 inch Alpinas) bring a little modernity to the overall package but bone stock is breathless as well, kind of like Michelle Pfeiffer sans make-up, still "timeless". Please no one ruin my fantasy!

Peter, I agree on the tasteful upgrades, second your emotion on Michelle Pfeiffer, but have some issue with your definition of a small fortune! But if I had $200K I can't think of many better ways to spend it, as that amount wouldn't get me far with Michelle anyway.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my guess is that this coupe will sell somewhere around 95k to 100k. maybe i'm wrong ... but its a lot of money for a standard coupe.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
ya, I prefer a more period looking engine compartment. Or if full custom, S38 or S52. And those door speakers. Uggh.

$200k, I would expect a heck of a lot more upgrades like the aforementioned motors, coilovers, stainless exhaust.

I would hope it would have been a bare metal, acid dipped/galvanized for that price.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Not my type of E9, to many changes that take it far away from what the car originally was all about. If you want a modern BMW go to the BMW dealer.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
not for me neither, inapropriate: engine, gearbox, radio, speakers, seats, tyres, and that thing in between the front seats...ugh
not so sure i agree with you on everything there deQ ... its a standard 3.5 with the wrong injection manifold. the injection manifold uses a split second unit ... instead of a motronic AFM. my guess is this was done by VSR1 (Mario). many of us have 3.5 b34 or b35 engines. many of us have a 265 getrag 5 speed - greatly improves drivability and doesn't look any different (except underneath). whats wrong with the alpina 16" wheels / tires? from an originality perspective and a high price perspective ... you could argue that for this price you want numbers matching + original.

okay - there is the radio + speakers. i hate speakers in the door cards, especially new door cards. recaro seats, ok. the center console - it was made by one of the people on the forum. it adds a lot of comfort while driving ... i think the color issues with it bother me more than the piece itself.

this looks like a fun car to drive that looks great - except the stereo.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
not so sure i agree with you on everything there deQ ... its a standard 3.5 with the wrong injection manifold. the injection manifold uses a split second unit ... instead of a motronic AFM. my guess is this was done by VSR1 (Mario). many of us have 3.5 b34 or b35 engines. many of us have a 265 getrag 5 speed - greatly improves drivability and doesn't look any different (except underneath). whats wrong with the alpina 16" wheels / tires? from an originality perspective and a high price perspective ... you could argue that for this price you want numbers matching + original.

okay - there is the radio + speakers. i hate speakers in the door cards, especially new door cards. recaro seats, ok. the center console - it was made by one of the people on the forum. it adds a lot of comfort while driving ... i think the color issues with it bother me more than the piece itself.

this looks like a fun car to drive that looks great - except the stereo.

dear scott, i will be very happy to accept and i will fully respect anyone that disagrees with me, that makes the world lots more interesting
;-)
it is only my opinion, and just to mention i might even respectfully disagree with some of the opinions previously expressed by others
and i know i am not completely coherent in my taste
but i am not perfect,...
i wish the new owner a happy life of coupe enjoyement
cheers!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jesus,

the beauty of the world, at least that most of us live in, is that we are both welcome to have our opinions ... and long may that stand. i would love to have a completely original (numbers matching) + beautiful coupe ... if i had that, i wouldn't change it. but i don't, and i probably won't ... largely because i am not convinced that many still exist.

there are restomods, and there are big departures ... and then there are small departures that look strikingly original - such as Mike Burger's baikal + Chris Macha's malaga ... they look very original, if not better than original, but both have a 3.5L and i believe a 5 speed. very true to the spirit of the coupe. this is where i am (mostly), although i may stray a little further ... but not much. mine is with the seats, wheels and maybe the door panels.

i wish i could be as perfect as the work that you do my friend ... you remain an inspiration to most of us.
cheers back to you!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Jesus,

the beauty of the world, at least that most of us live in, is that we are both welcome to have our opinions ... and long may that stand. i would love to have a completely original (numbers matching) + beautiful coupe ... if i had that, i wouldn't change it. but i don't, and i probably won't ... largely because i am not convinced that many still exist.

there are restomods, and there are big departures ... and then there are small departures that look strikingly original - such as Mike Burger's baikal + Chris Macha's malaga ... they look very original, if not better than original, but both have a 3.5L and i believe a 5 speed. very true to the spirit of the coupe. this is where i am (mostly), although i may stray a little further ... but not much. mine is with the seats, wheels and maybe the door panels.

i wish i could be as perfect as the work that you do my friend ... you remain an inspiration to most of us.
cheers back to you!

love the way you think and how you express it, Scott,
:)