UK Classic Car Magazine article 3.0 CSi vs Jag XJ6 Coupe

pmansson

Reaction score
It´s a replay of an old article, 5,10 or 15 years ago.
They must be running out of imagination.
OK, there are new readers who won´t have seen the old article, but as the comparison is pretty much pears vs apples, I see little merit in posting it.

pmansson

Reaction score
It´s a replay of an old article, 5,10 or 15 years ago.
They must be running out of imagination.
OK, there are new readers who won´t have seen the old article, but as the comparison is pretty much pears vs apples, I see little merit in posting it.

Honolulu

Reaction score
oh?

Mark, from Oz, seems to have it oddly backwards. I had understood that a pom or pommie was a Prisoner or Mother England, thus an Australian, since it well documented that the Brits exported convicts to Oz.

So, "pom" is a narsty derogatory for an Aussie, and thus it's ironic that Mark turns it around to refer to those living in the auld country. But I guess the word has acquired enough venom that it's one of the worst cuss words that one of whom it was originally intended for, can use against someone else.

Mark, can you enllighten the seppos?

Honolulu

Reaction score
oh?

Mark, from Oz, seems to have it oddly backwards. I had understood that a pom or pommie was a Prisoner or Mother England, thus an Australian, since it well documented that the Brits exported convicts to Oz.

So, "pom" is a narsty derogatory for an Aussie, and thus it's ironic that Mark turns it around to refer to those living in the auld country. But I guess the word has acquired enough venom that it's one of the worst cuss words that one of whom it was originally intended for, can use against someone else.

Mark, can you enllighten the seppos?