Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
1A4273F4-B4E3-4ED0-B17F-49365EFD506B.jpeg

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Trim.

Don’t worry, front spoiler is in hiding and the front end will be lowered another 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

Lower rocker panel trim is needed and will be added, too.
The car just doesn’t look right without it.

RP

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm a trim guy. Makes a nice, crisp line for the transition from top horizontal plane to bott. But the form is so pure, that it doesn't much matter...your T & P...

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It's different Robert. Thanks for photos. Was wondering what it was going to look like but know you are reconsidering?
Popcorn in hand.
Gary

shanon

Reaction score
Trim..... 'finishes' the shape and adds to the E9 panache.

IMHO.

Blinkling

Site Donor
Reaction score
If there’s one color that says “trim is optional” it might be silver. Does your decision apply to the silver line on the rocker assembly and the belt line also?

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Color has a lot to say about the decision. Belt line trim is more distinctive on darker colors. Not so much on Polaris.
IMHO.
That being said, trim that baby!

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If there’s one color that says “trim is optional” it might be silver. Does your decision apply to the silver line on the rocker assembly and the belt line also?
Blinkling, I'm already in the "trim" camp. I'll also add the rocker panel trim, too.

Since I'd done the bodywork to fill in the holes, I took the pictures so the audience could see that (my opinion) the lines are best with the trim. The 'ole public service kinda announcement thing.

RP

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think that since you filled the holes in the body, go with no trim. The stick on trim may look okay in the photos, but I don’t think it will stand the test of time or look authentic in person.

You already have a custom rear bumper so a custom precedence has been set. I’m not
a big fan of the remaining front trim, but I don’t know how you remove it and keep a clean look.

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Markos, those front holes are also filled.

I went all "Foosed-out" and filled 75 holes on the car.

No door locks, no side blinkees, no Rondel on the trunk, no antenna, no hood/washer thingees, no mirror holes, no bumper support holes (it is a US, '74 big bumper car.

RP

Dohn

Reaction score
Jeez, then I'd say you better go no trim! I agree it probably works best on a silver car; I wouldn't do it to most colors. But it does seem to make it look a bit more like an 80s car, when chrome became an endangered species...