Trim or No Trim

CSL177

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Markos, who built that? Pretty tidy!

IMHO, the belt line is such a crisp design element that trim is almost superfluous... a few other iconic automotive designs share that quality. The '62 Lincoln, for instance.
God knows BMW gilded the lily, festooning their cars with logos everywhere. The CS is timeless and so recognizable, it would be refreshing to see a custom that left most of it off. YMMV. ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Markos, who built that? Pretty tidy!

IMHO, the belt line is such a crisp design element that trim is almost superfluous... a few other iconic automotive designs share that quality. The '62 Lincoln, for instance.
God knows BMW gilded the lily, festooning their cars with logos everywhere. The CS is timeless and so recognizable, it would be refreshing to see a custom that left most of it off. YMMV. ;)

Not sure who built it but @HB Chris knows. Definitely not a new build.

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was going to say Trim , until I saw the de -trimmed Brown Car , now I would have to say its your car do whatever you think is going to put the biggest smile on your face when you go to hop in it on a Sunday Morning!. Keep up the good work Patton

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a 2002 back in 1980 that I took the trim off and every one liked it after completion if you are going to take the trim off door handle can not be chrome or your bumper need to paint the car color than your car will have a deferent look like my 2002 if you didn't like it you always can install the trim back.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Trim of course.

E9 is all class.

No trim is fine on maybe a 2002 w/turbo flares.

2011-10-21184144.jpg