The end is near....SCOTTeVEST's Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok, I reshared the Google document that contains all the relevant images and instructions from this forum. Let me know if this now looks complete, and if you want me to share directly with anyone else in this forum to edit directly. Ideally, I can then reshare this final document in this forum titled properly so others can refer to this when converting 74 bumpers. Thanks very much.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q0idpUiVz2iNTZ_tfnBGtzUzsGoYjiLJIkBERHvxo7o/edit?ts=5ad002bd

@dang, if you have better images please email per my DM

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
An original speaker. There’s not much room so it’s maybe 2 inches deep.
how is the sound from orig speaker? is it worth it?
from a resale point of view and originality, should i just leave the speaker cover? if doesn't add to originality/value, I would just delete

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think the speaker cover looks good and it breaks up an otherwise large expanse of wood. That being said, I installed an Alpina style gauge cluster to keep track of vitals, and it's reversible.

NeygD3GWldN7ewiDQ0RdYJAABpdLwX4DB7siUvSST7849shRJFmVK5oqf3A0gSjuugOFyY9sTLUaadzW6WrF_9EOWvp5stwr9sPwsn2H9YHLshKmqJoBhX3JwpS4V1wES2_vs-5c8wiZWptYKrN9I7nfVWu2fN_C3IpPvKiXrfBJOdN0Agi8L5m9EJ_MZyVCzWlXhsVKE1ExfEvOxLYttxie8roxUDZPOVpjiLsa7f2fisCZOOFkBWWgNZR75f3EA8Nf5iarftwiRJszlEXKBdR4mESn_EESYT9o4I15lEaPnK5jJE4UjFf6swNWw73geUqd3iIY04WBboolURtUqgAKvQAj989HBJVX4yJ60mi09QngixUZ7PaNBkjZuJ9IQNGD0__SszyqVf1f-HJB_JsApQ7NIMU_pfPnE3A0J962Bbvx8DHybC9NbgD6xY8G4D2Ik4vPRUTjmGxenY-G_SUi1oKDkE2DY4GS-kE_7Gw3ymrpdZ7WPkkXWnGxW3bCAFuxcx3-b3ASZLYmtCWPKyfqH9RanvUbBnKgmHoRhDw0Ye8-GbdxmCbHLDxGpYCKIcXEM77-__Gh6es_NqrlDFzadtD3sPQHgesVtSY=w1065-h777-no

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
how is the sound from orig speaker? is it worth it?
from a resale point of view and originality, should i just leave the speaker cover? if doesn't add to originality/value, I would just delete

Sound is OK, not great. Can put in a more modern speaker at a later date. Just leave the speaker cover.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry for all the updates. Today I stopped by to check out the wood for the dash. Let me know what you think. I am not certain if I like the grain in the wood. Seems too horizontal lines, but not sure, but color looks about right.

Painting starts next week, and then I'm gone for a week, so don't expect any more updates for a bit after I film the painting.
Thanks again for all your collective help. I really appreciate it.

IMG_0981.JPG

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Scott. My personal opinion, I think that sample is perfect. Beautiful. I like the linearity, and think it balances nicely with the beautiful curves of the metal body work of the E9. And it has a nice relationship with the Nardi wheel. That's my 2 cents. :D

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Think he's messing with you, nothing is wrong with your shift knob.

I think DWM's point is the shape of that knob is out of place in an E9. That knob has too much of an organic shape that sends an Italian vibe when you grasp it's soft curves in your hand. A good German would want something more functional and direct and less asymmetric, like the original walnut knob or something from billet aluminum. And the color is too dark to match that nice Nardi.

;-)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And the color is too dark to match that nice Nardi.
I interpreted that comment based on color, too. After matching that beautiful wood on the dash with the wheel, it seems the shift knob is now the oddball (color). But I agree with the shape, comment as well - it looks too modern to my eye (probably the wrong term). All in all, looking good!

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I interpreted that comment based on color, too. After matching that beautiful wood on the dash with the wheel, it seems the shift knob is now the oddball (color). But I agree with the shape, comment as well - it looks too modern to my eye (probably the wrong term). All in all, looking good!
I now understand. I was wondering about that. The shift knob feels great in my hand so I will probably keep it for now but note that if I want to go original I need to change it

Status
Not open for further replies.