Sweet coupe at Hunting Ridge Motors

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I find it amazing that so many of these cars have so few miles!
I suppose if you could afford one, you were working a lot of hours!!

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful car. My only nitpick is with the front and rear seats. Just too much sagging with such a low mileage coupe, even the front seat backs show the same effect. Everything else looks almost showroom fresh. Hope the seller gets top dollars.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just spoke with Mark(?) at Huntington Motors, he says he took the number right off the plate.

Maybe Iconoclast can go over and look...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The last 73 was 2240975 for a stick, 2250738 automatic. It is not possible, there can't be a 2248698. What is stamped on the engine wall?

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
So what do you think this will sell for?

Other than the color, this is exactly the car I would want. What do you think A fair price is?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the vin on this car is 2240698. i know that for a fact. i can also tell you that they want 60 ish for it.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
73 fjord

The BMW 3.0 CS US VIN 2240698 was manufactured on April 1st, 1973 and delivered on April 19th, 1973 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Fjord metallic, paint code 037.

We hope this information is helpful for you.

Yours sincerely,

Andreas Harz

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beautiful car.
The nitpicking list is pretty short:

- Sealed beams :(
- 4 speeds only :(
- Missing one tool
- Is speaker wooden grill separating from the back? Is the other speaker in the side console stock?
- I thought only driver side wiper should have wind wing
- Gas tank is half empty
- Needs a story, specially to explain the low miles. Something like owner had amnesia and forgot he owned the car so 20 years went by and found it cleaning the basement.

The part that gets me is people that can take car pictures in a runway. If I try to get inside an airport runway on a car with no license plates they will shoot me cold. How do they do it?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nits

Orig drivetrain make it more valuable as a low miles survivor.
Seat sag seems ok for 28k miles as time alone will cause the rubberized horsehair pads to get crinkely. Then a few days with a heavy owner and 20% on the pad ends up on the floor as debris.

To bad about the one repaint, but the two stage back then was indeed atrocious in terms of reliability. If all the documentation is avail then this really is a special find.

calshamus

Reaction score
I just bought one identical this car, save it's an automatic and has 35K miles. I had intentions of modifying the car I bought, but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it on such a nice low mileage car. I'm considering flipping it and buying another car that I wouldn't feel guilty "hacking" on. Again, I'll be following this one with great interest.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Orig drivetrain make it more valuable as a low miles survivor.
Seat sag seems ok for 28k miles as time alone will cause the rubberized horsehair pads to get crinkely. Then a few days with a heavy owner and 20% on the pad ends up on the floor as debris.

To bad about the one repaint, but the two stage back then was indeed atrocious in terms of reliability. If all the documentation is avail then this really is a special find.

John this is the car i mentioned the other day ... that was before i knew very much about it. but had heard it was very clean and original. i found a few very minor nits looking closely at the pix. its worth more for its originality ... but, how well the mechanicals and electricals are holding up is the question that somebody needs to find out. but since we all know that the mechanicals are the cheap part ... this could be a really smart buy ... just not an inexpensive buy.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Problem is ...

I'm not looking for an all original E9. Just not my cup of tea, unless it's a CSL.
If I'm going to own a normal E9, it needs to be souled up w perid correct upgrades, light that full documented 60k mile car I sold to fund the CSL purchase that went sour.

Mario knows of a rust free shell, stripped bare, new OE sheet metal all around.menders and rockers replaced, etc. This would be an excellent start to making a nut and bolt restored, restored E9. That's the car I'd do if I was ready to spend $60k on an e9.