SFBay: 1970 2800CS - $29K

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The over-spray on the tow hook made me immediately think 'fresh repaint', even before I read the description. Personally, I do not like freshly repainted cars. I'd much rather have a car that is prone to rust (like the e9) to have been restored several years before I bought it. Any poorly repaired rust areas WILL show up with time. The fact that the '74 I bought last spring had been restored in 1988, and still had great looking paint with no chips or dings and NO rust spots/bubbles was very appealing to me.

Last edited:

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
6'5" is my height...

All I can tell you is that with the sunroof in my 73' (granted it is a Webasto aftermarket job), my head hits the ceiling and it didn't in my old '74.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
6'5" is my height...

All I can tell you is that with the sunroof in my 73' (granted it is a Webasto aftermarket job), my head hits the ceiling and it didn't in my old '74.

I had an aftermarket moonroof in a previous coupe and at 6' even, if I sat bolt upright, my head would touch the roof; with the factory sunroof coupes that I have owned, my head does not touch.