Selling my coupe...73 Ceylon CS

mhoffman

Reaction score
Enough folks here have seen it personally or know first-hand what it would take to find and/or create one similar. I know it is at or the same level that have changed hands for top dollar. When the right offer comes along it will find a new home, hopefully with an appreciative owner because it is in an increasingly rare condition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mhoffman

Reaction score
Kwyjibo-
thanks for posting the blog! I had not seen it!

The car still has the decal from the rally on the tool tray lid. I think the rally would have been significantly more enjoyable for them in its current configuration- it no longer uses a quart of oil per gas tank, the a/c blows actually blows cold air, and with a 3.5 and 5 speed highway speeds have changed from stressful to enjoyable!

I will be in San Diego next week for a conference, and can take any other photos and post them for anyone interested.

Best-
Matt

Last edited:

mhoffman

Reaction score
Sold.
Thanks everyone on this forum for making the experience with my coupe a fabulous one! Best part about the car was having met all the folks here that love and appreciate them!

<50miles

Reaction score
Hello Matt,

Congratulations. And, if it is not too impertinent of me, the approximate selling price. This will give insurance companies a better idea of what these cars are actually worth in this condition (as apposed to Hagerty's suggestions).

Andrew

mhoffman

Reaction score
I will let the buyer post the price of he cares to make it public; not sure if he is a member here or not though I know he saw the listing. it did bring what i thought it should. I am.confident had it gone to the correct auction it would have sold for what other top cars have sold for- around $100k, but i did not want the hassle or the fees.

It went to a gentleman in Louisiana.

Best-

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I will let the buyer post the price of he cares to make it public; not sure if he is a member here or not though I know he saw the listing. it did bring what i thought it should. I am.confident had it gone to the correct auction it would have sold for what other top cars have sold for- around $100k, but i did not want the hassle or the fees.

It went to a gentleman in Louisiana.

Best-

I hope the new owner finds their way to the forum...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if they live in louisiana, and own a coupe, i feel certain they will be shepherded by our good friend Steve.