Selling my coupe...73 Ceylon CS

mhoffman

Reaction score
All-
Thinking I am going to put my 73 Ceylon 3.0cs up for sale. Wanted to float it here first before going to BAT or Hemmings or something.

The car is at Carl's shop in La Jolla. After I bought it from Peter, Carl put in a 3.5 engine and 5 speed tranny, upgraded a/c. New exhaust, rebuilt diff. I got a little carried away detailing it and correcting things. Original radio, no sunroof, all tools including pink Beru plugs, new leather interior.

Zero rust. Zero. Car has not been out of CA- it was in Bakersfield its whole life before Peter bought it and took it to Santa Rosa. I have kept it in San Diego since I bought it, but registered it in FL since I am active duty Navy and did not have to pay sales tax that way.

I have every receipt since the car was new, including the $50k Peter spent on interior and paint, and owner's manual and maintenance book.

Car was featured in Bimmer magazine, Feb 2008 with cover photo and four page write up.

Others here on the forum have seen it and know the condition. It has been parked in Carl's showroom for a few years since I transferred.

Once I figure out how to post photos I will get some up.

Email sincere interests/offers. Fire away with any questions. I have not settled on asking price, but it is one of the nicest ones around as others here can attest.

Matt

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Matt

The link works. It's a beautiful coupe ... I wish I could afford it
I've trying to win the lottery, but no luck yet

Scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm sure that is a positive gasp ... Right about now I wish I wasn't an architect and was an investment banker, lawyer or Doctor.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Very nice car, crazy that paint and interior can cost so much- I guess perfection does have its price :) Well, if you can't sell it for what you want- you can always drive it, I'm sure if Carl's place did the work it's bullet-proof. I believe saw the car there a while back and it looks even better in person, it's hard to believe it's not a new car. Best of luck finding a new care-taker, it should not take long-

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Matt is a very nice guy and his coupe is beautiful! I've seen it several times and can't help myself from drooling.

Matt, I was the person driving Bluemax with Murray at the Murray/Malibu drive.

bluemax%20run.jpg

cs4.jpg

cs9.jpg

cs8.jpg

cs10.jpg

cs7.jpg

cs6.jpg

cs8.jpg

IMG-20160228-WA0000.jpg

20150816_190227.jpg

20150816_190215_1.jpg

CSfan

Reaction score
Is this one of those, "If you ask how much you can't afford it?" What's the asking price? (Other then the 50K that Peter spent.)

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very nice, but ya, E9s selling for >$60k don't happen too often.

Peter spent $50k in paint and interior? WOW!

gwittman

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out which outing that was in the group picture but it was answered by OCCoupe. That is my Baikal Coupe parked next to yours. Matt, you do have one fine Coupe.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can help you out on the question ... It's way north of 60k. It would already be in my driveway for that price.