Rocker Panel Trim (Buying)

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@KastelikClassicCar
This is excellent news….. could you please clarify what a member has questioned…

“But it still looks like they are selling two of one side”. Might be best to post some detailed pics here.

thanks
Keshav

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
@KastelikClassicCar : I have some questions:
- what price are they, ex shipping?
- could you share some detailed pics?
- are you making different parts for Left and Right, or are you selling 1 part to be used on both sides? (a asked by others already)
- can you describe on which points your parts differ from BMW oem parts?

thanks very much for making these available, now that BMW is not servicing us anymore.
regards,

Reaction score
The price per set is €300.00 gross (€240.00 net for non-EU customers and companies). Small price negotiation possible :).
As a rule, shipping cost I try to estimate for each customer before placing an order, I send by UPS courier, I do not add any commission. Sample costs: shipping to England cost approx. 38 euro, to Germany 16 euro, USA-California 80 euro. Goods packed in a cardboard tube.
Right and left side looks the same and works great, fits perfectly.
The slats are "filled" inside, made of polyurethane and stainless steel.
A set of screws for mounting is included.
Regards,
Wiola

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 150
Reaction score
@uldis
The website is currently in the process of creating an online store- there will be detailed descriptions and pictures of the merchandise. As the guy mentioned we produce decorative trim, door cards and we are planning to resume production of wheel arch covers.

We are also considering reproduction of the cockpit for the BMW E9. And here a question to forum members if there is a demand for these parts?
I would appreciate your feedback.

Attachments

• 20190315_164105.jpg
    20190315_164105.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 121

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
@uldis
The website is currently in the process of creating an online store- there will be detailed descriptions and pictures of the merchandise. As the guy mentioned we produce decorative trim, door cards and we are planning to resume production of wheel arch covers.

We are also considering reproduction of the cockpit for the BMW E9. And here a question to forum members if there is a demand for these parts?
If you can "accurately" reproduce these interior parts, my 2-cents is you would have a market for them. The question comes down to accuracy. They are multi-component/material pieces but if you could do it, there are a fair amount of restored coupes with sub-standard lower interior pieces.

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The custom door cards you supplied to me are great, so I have feedback.
You may know there is a Just Dashes in the US that offer this service (http://www.justdashes.com/2013/04/1974-bmw-3-0-dash-pad-restoration-5-piece-dash/) I don't know them 1st hand. Price and quality have been discussed here but I don't think there is consensus that there product is that close to OEM. They accept cores and renovate.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, there is demand for those 4 pieces in your pictures. Most available are second hand, and the vinyl pulls away from the metal backing. Getting them back in shape is difficult (heating in an oven) and takes skill and time. Some of the under -dashparts have brackets, hinges, and/or chrome strips on them, they could easily be swapped. Possibly you could make a cheap version without brackets and stuff, and a more expensive version with all brackets repro'd and fixed?

I've purchased about 3 of each under-dash panels hoping to be able to get enough parts from them to build 1 solid one out of each.
The top dash panel usually has a crack due to the vinyl getting brittle. parts that still look good may die tomorrow or next year, but surely people will keep searching for good ones.