power steering pump repair kit??

acat2002

Reaction score
tochi-you may be right.

I simply took the blistering of the hoses and weepy seals as a sign that somebody used the wrong stuff at one time or another. I became accustomed to blaming the PO for everything after finding some really stupid repairs, so maybe the reddish fluid was the correct stuff.
I used a vesrion of Castrol PS fluid when filling this time that was supposedly compatable with one of the earlier fluids listed in the manual. It was not red in color.

You are also correct in that most modern hydro fluids are compatible with many systems.

acat2002

Reaction score
tochi-you may be right.

I simply took the blistering of the hoses and weepy seals as a sign that somebody used the wrong stuff at one time or another. I became accustomed to blaming the PO for everything after finding some really stupid repairs, so maybe the reddish fluid was the correct stuff.
I used a vesrion of Castrol PS fluid when filling this time that was supposedly compatable with one of the earlier fluids listed in the manual. It was not red in color.

You are also correct in that most modern hydro fluids are compatible with many systems.