New to CSL life

kramco

Reaction score
That avatar isn't my car. I've a 72 CS in Ceylon, looks almost identical to yours and a 72 CSL in Chaminox. Have restored both. The CSL was a barn find. There's a thread on here about both. A trip to the US explains those markers. It would also presumably indicate the car hasn't had a restoration since it was back, as they'd be the first to go.
Thanks, I’ll have a look through that thread for sure. Yep, resto not done in aus…yet

kramco

Reaction score
excellent, thanks for your reply and confirmation. Pity that some previous owner added the sunroof (I’m an absolute fan of sunroofs except on a CSL….) and the car looks in excellent condition. Please send some more detailed pics and as Wes points out, that side marker is typical for US cars.
For entry into the E9 world and starting with a CSL, no better way than that. Feel free to discuss all aspects of L‘s…..plenty of experts here.

Keshav
Thanks very much @Keshav it’s much appreciated

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ray Korman was a pretty well respected BMW guy. I've seen a bunch of his work, including the S38 he installed in Doug Dolan's coupe. His shop is still around, but I don't think Ray is much involved any more. He's pretty well into his 70s if I recall correctly.