My New Ferrari GTC4Lusso pearl white with red interior

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
We always go up the Skagit River Valley & drive the Northern Cascades.
Could also include the Olympic Peninsula & take the Ferry over to Whidby Island.

I’m a big fan of the Pacific coast. Was at Ruby beach last month. Also @scottevest you can take your Ferrari on the beach at Ocean Shores and let your Poodle play in the water. Just be sure to vacuum afterwards. ;)

Not too far west of Olympia.

A41575C0-52DB-4852-A494-798009DED85B.jpeg

811372B0-0CE4-4CDE-A311-ADC7A9DD1BA4.jpeg
B410F18B-6720-4271-9B19-84125B546A23.jpeg

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind me sharing this post from Facebook here directly. I am soooo excited.
Milestones are huge, and this is one… https://www.facebook.com/ceoscottev...r4n18iyiLupdzzmcBmo2LpjQTezgdqtZGmEwfNtZctK9l

Cool story about playing with the Ferrari toy cars as a child. It’s always nice to tick a life goal off the bucket list!

One of my favorite matchbox cars was a purple conversion van. My dreams were fulfilled back in 2016 after years of lust, I picked up my very first Honda Odyssey. It’s not purple and doesn’t have a V8 or a bubble window. However, it still oozes cool in the elementary school parking lot. I just have to lock the doors a few times to find it because 10 other families have impeccable taste in cars and paint.

28CEF268-B2C7-4C92-93F6-762639E7493C.jpeg

8A220B60-F245-4B96-8818-84043F2DD90F.jpeg

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Markos lol
For the record, I lost it after the BMW E9 the very first time I saw it in the early 70s as a kid. I listed after this particular Ferrari when I first saw the Ferrari FF. I truly enjoy driving my BMW as well as my 911 and hope I can find time to continue driving them after the initial thrill of the Ferrari goes away. Wait till I tell you the story of how I got this particular Ferrari. Crazy shit.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
When I called him and asked, he said, "what does it matter to you what I paid?" I said nothing, but it matters if you lie to me.
I agreed with both of you on this one. The cost never matters when selling a vehicle, but if you know someone is lying it changes everything. Cool car!

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I want a picture with it in 3 feet of snow, then we will know it is your car!

Klassic

Reaction score
Cool story about playing with the Ferrari toy cars as a child. It’s always nice to tick a life goal off the bucket list!

One of my favorite matchbox cars was a purple conversion van. My dreams were fulfilled back in 2016 after years of lust, I picked up my very first Honda Odyssey. It’s not purple and doesn’t have a V8 or a bubble window. However, it still oozes cool in the elementary school parking lot. I just have to lock the doors a few times to find it because 10 other families have impeccable taste in cars and paint.

View attachment 161719

View attachment 161720
Our Honda Odyssey had that many kids and dogs puke in it we called it the Odoursey.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score

View attachment 161719

View attachment 161720

Markos, why compromise with the Odyssey when you can really complete your childhood dreams with this...

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Got the car yesterday. SOOO excited. I will post the story of how it came to be shortly, but in the meantime, here are some links to pictures/videos if you'd like. I do love it, but a very different type of ride than any of my other cars. It is extraordinarily fast; I have never driven a car that fast.

The dogs love it! pfbid036whw62nU3H6b1JgUSeS7Z8sp7DTYyJxYGjUshVXgxeSXoGW4sM4vxQUdKbZHULzEl

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
The back story: How I got my dream car.

I have been hunting for a GTC4Lusso for some time, just dreaming. I finally decided on April 1, I was ready to pull the trigger when I found the perfect car.

After ~2 weeks, on April 13, I saw a post of this car. It was PERFECT. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/one-of-a-kind-v12-gtc4-lusso.675965/ Perfect color and interior with ALL available options. I was so excited. I immediately contacted the seller, but he was silent. He didn’t respond. I sent multiple DMs, all ignored. I was freaking out.

Then 4 short days later, someone named Benji posted a picture of the car. He bought it. I was soooo bummed.

Benji reached out to by DM knowing I wanted the car, and informed me that he JUST purchased a Ferrari FF (the predecessor to the Lusso) in great condition that he intended to keep, but when he saw this Lusso, he had to have it and offered me his perfect FF at a reasonable price. While I was tempted, I really wanted a Lusso, so I passed.

I asked Benji for a favor. Since he just went through the process of looking for an FF/Lusso, I asked if he would assist/consult informally in my efforts. He graciously agreed. I sent him some SCOTTeVEST clothes in advance to thank him. We talked on the phone a couple of times, and I sent him a ton of emails of possible purchases. He was EXTREMELY helpful.

I learned that Benji owned the premier car detailing company in the Boston area, https://www.qcarcare.com/, and knew everyone in the business, as well as knowing the quality of exotic cars, as he has many exotics himself. He advised me to walk on the Blue Lusso after the odd interaction with the seller.

I really wanted this white Lusso, and even joked with Benji that I’d give him a small profit if he considered selling it to me. I was joking.

Just when I was giving up on getting a Lusso in timely manner (for my upcoming road trip), I woke up on April 27, to a text message from Benji telling me that basically he would sell me the Lusso, even though he loved it (as did his wife), but financially it made more sense for him to keep the FF instead. He had no intention of flipping the car when he purchased it, but was basically doing me a favor.

Honestly, I was shocked. I didn’t know what to do or say. After thinking about it for a hot minute, I said HELL YES! Then I realized I had only seen ~16 low res images without any videos of the car driving. Hell, I didn’t even know if the car ran. So, I panicked and asked about 1000 questions, often several in a single hour. One day later, we had an agreement, and I wired the deposit, and asked a thousand more questions daily. The more questions I asked, the more his wife wanted him to keep the car. I was just so excited.

Benji did me right. He spent last week getting things sorted and did an amazing detail for me. He sent the title for receipt last Friday. Last Monday, I wired the money, which had a hitch with the bank due to conflicting information. This hitch caused Benji to have a brief moment of seller’s remorse as he realized the car was worth more than he was selling it to me and his wife really wanted to keep it, but all was sorted out.

The car made its way here on Saturday, all arranged by him at no additional cost, other than the cost of transportation of course.

I could not be happier. I’m proud to call Benji a friend, and if you ever need detailed/wrapping, etc. done in the Boston area, I highly recommend him https://www.qcarcare.com/

All around great guy. I hope he comes to visit me in Sun Valley and we continue our friendship.

Kismet. I got the car of my dreams and a new friend.
1684173196302.png

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great story Scott. Good Luck with it. Just make sure she’s pointed in the right direction when you step on it. ;)

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I must admit that I haven’t driven MY BABY terribly much since I got YAAAAAY (license of Ferrari), but when I do drive MY BABY, I fall in love all over again. However, there’s something about the sound of a naturally aspirated 12 cyl Ferrari engine. It’s intoxicating.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
what did you expect ? a 2017 car compared a '70's ?
Hell , my 300 HP ecoboost Mustang drives so much better/faster then the '70 E9 rally car !