My New Ferrari GTC4Lusso pearl white with red interior

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Or an indie Ferrari shop that has a code reader, such as a Leonardo.

Trying to get Ferrari out of Los Angeles to do the inspection and extension of the warranty, but they are being difficult

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I took a pass on this car. The seller represented to me twice that he paid $245k+ in January. Didn't make sense to me that he'd sell it for $220 after clear coat wrapping it. I inquired several times about this and he looked me in the eye and said he needed the money. I could care less if he was making a profit on it, but Iying is a problem to me. I learned that it was listed in January for $205k, and he likely got it less. When I called him and asked, he said, "what does it matter to you what I paid?" I said nothing, but it matters if you lie to me. He hung up.
Now 2 options:
or

or wait?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Smart choice Scott. But if you ask me, your decision has deprived this entire Forum of months of "Hey, how come my new Ferrari does this?" Not that we don't enjoy diagnosing bad car behaviour, but I really think you're wise to scrutinize the motives of the seller, as well as the genuine condition of that car. Personally, I really want one of those, but I know it will never really happen. good luck with the next one ;)

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Smart choice Scott. But if you ask me, your decision has deprived this entire Forum of months of "Hey, how come my new Ferrari does this?" Not that we don't enjoy diagnosing bad car behaviour, but I really think you're wise to scrutinize the motives of the seller, as well as the genuine condition of that car. Personally, I really want one of those, but I know it will never really happen. good luck with the next one ;)
Lol
I promise not to ask you and the forum about any problems I have with him for he. I’ve joined the Ferrari forum for that, but I am bringing lessons learned from this forum to my experience.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
No offense but IMO, keep hunting for one that doesn’t look like this. Once you see it you can’t unsee this factory feature.

192DB7D0-8569-4170-89BE-65255C6C7FD7.jpeg

E28D1F03-CB0E-43D3-9F98-39FA2A977CA5.jpeg

A5DFA2AF-75EE-4A47-9BEC-DE2E0B1575AD.jpeg

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ya, if a seller lies about price paid, he'll lie about something else.

As far as option 2 choices, I like the latter w/less miles and blue (like your 1st go around). More expensive tho, but you will be stuck w/the color so it's worth it for what you want.

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
The FF is on my list, congrats! I’ve always had a soft spot for the 4 seat Ferraris. I love stuff that’s just a little bit different and perhaps just off center of mainstream. Also, the white would have been my choice initially. BRAVO!

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know everyone is kidding around but... The duffel contains the factory car cover. Indoor use only. Red satin outside w/ prancing horse logos, red fleece inside. There is also a steering wheel cover and two seat covers. All red satin (probably polyester) material. Back in the day, these were made by

Confezioni Andrea "Cover Car" S.n.c.
Via Rosmini, 22
21100 VARESE (ITALY)

but I'm not sure who Ferrari uses for a supplier nowadays.

1682965601897.png

1682965580381.png

Insert your garage queen jokes here:

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
So excited, paying for the Lusso on Monday, and it will ship out on Tuesday, hopefully arriving to Ketchum the following week, or sooner. Taking it on huge road trip with some buddies and a poodle shortly on May 19 to Pacific NW. More pics to follow. I sure hope it doesn't require any work. I will be bringing it to SLC for service. It has the Ferrari extended warranty.
1683392357457.png

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's my route
Friday May 19, fly to Sun Valley, hang out with Scott and Laura (flight arrives 10:48am Ketchum)
Saturday, May 20, drive from Ketchum, ID to Missoula, Montana (277 miles)
Sunday May 21, drive from Missoula to Spokane (198 miles)
Monday, May 22, drive from Spokane to Seattle (279 miles)
Tuesday, May 23, drive from Seattle to Portland (174 miles)
Wednesday, May 24, (meeting in Portland)
Thursday May 25, drive from Portland to Baker City, OR (304 miles)
Friday, May 26, drive from Baker City, OR to Boise, ID (128 miles), Sun Valley (278 miles).

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We always go up the Skagit River Valley & drive the Northern Cascades.
Could also include the Olympic Peninsula & take the Ferry over to Whidby Island.